Phils likely taking Wathan as Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phils likely taking Wathan as Manager

Per Twatter or something. Not done yet, but pretty close. Honestly, my guess is that other candidates weren't as "accepting" of the control that Klentak and Co. are probably putting on the position. I can't blame a number of candidates for that. It's a little disconcerting, although I like Dusty.

I was really hoping for Gabe Kapler. Hopefully Dusty is better than the last 2 managers.

Comment

I like Callaway - annoyed he's going to the Mutts

Comment

A lot of people saying this a bs report and it may still be Kapler. We'll see.

Comment

Comment

No no no, anyone but Baker

The man is a stone, proven loser. The Phils are finally showing some life with their young players and I’d hate to see him fuck them up before we get started.

He couldn’t do it three times with tons of talent. I’d be pissed if they hired him.

Also, MLB Network has “Baseball seasons 1960” on last night. I practically cried with joy through the entire hour. Related, the Phils don’t need a buddy like Baker for mgr. they could use a prick like Green who just ran the show and didn’t bother to make friends with the players.
            "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
              A lot of people saying this a bs report and it may still be Kapler. We'll see.
              Yeah according to Zolecki they interviewed John Farrell today. Nothing against Whalen but I would like some outside blood this time.

Comment

Dusty has managed all the prospects at different levels and he’s been pretty successful at it. I assume that’s their main motivation with him. I neither hate nor love the thought of Dusty getting the gig. I loved Chip and hated Dougie P getting the jobs though, so, what do I know.

Comment

Uh ... he's referring to Dusty Wathan
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Wathan*

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                    Yeah according to Zolecki they interviewed John Farrell today. Nothing against Whalen but I would like some outside blood this time.
                    NM

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      Uh ... he's referring to Dusty Wathan
                      Never mind.
                      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Although, I agree - I want no part of Dusty Baker.

Comment

Morning update

I'd be fine with Girardi.

Doesn't make a lot off sense the Yankoffs not renewing him.
                          Last edited by Overbrook; 10-26-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

what a bunch of morons.

Comment

Working...
                            X