NFL Trade deadline Oct 31st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    Best case scenario, a swap of our 1st for SF's 2nd is a one spot spot move. At most, 10-12 spots, which is enough upside for the 49ers to see it as a genuine sweetener.

As much as I want to preserve this line, protect Carson, and keep this ball rolling, I also absolutely, positively don't want to be forced to draft for need with that first pick next year. Staley would give some breathing room for another season or two and allow them to go BPA with that pick.

I hope Howie is talking to Lynch and Rick Smith (about Duane Brown) as we speak.

I think Vaitai is growing into a nice player, and an incredibly valuable swing man... but we're way too close to the abyss with our depth at this point, with as many as 12 games to go.
    Not gonna happen, but i like the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
      Not gonna happen, but i like the idea.
      Normally, I'd go with the conventional wisdom here and agree that it's unlikely.

But this is Howie... and Howie's got everything riding on Carson Wentz. I think he'll take extraordinary measures to protect him, even if it means mortgaging a little bit of the future to do it.

I'll be surprised if something significant doesn't happen, and happen quickly. Maybe not Staley, maybe one of the Buffalo tackles... but something. As early as tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        Normally, I'd go with the conventional wisdom here and agree that it's unlikely.

But this is Howie... and Howie's got everything riding on Carson Wentz. I think he'll take extraordinary measures to protect him, even if it means mortgaging a little bit of the future to do it.

I'll be surprised if something significant doesn't happen, and happen quickly. Maybe not Staley, maybe one of the Buffalo tackles... but something. As early as tomorrow.
        Buff is a WC team right now.

Comment

Houston has an Olineman holding out

at this point a 4th and maybe a 6th next year tops,,,nothing from day 1 or 2..

if not nothing

they do need to find a guy who can play LBer.. even its a waiver wire deal.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
            at this point a 4th and maybe a 6th next year tops,,,nothing from day 1 or 2..

if not nothing

they do need to find a guy who can play LBer.. even its a waiver wire deal.

Not a Lber but, Browns are always trading, could Howie get Joe Thomas for a couple of later round picks, guys old but consistent, maybe could add depth though the end of the year?
            Last edited by Eagle Road; 10-25-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Yeah another tackle that won’t play a down for the rest of the season is exactly what the eagles need right now.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                Yeah another tackle that won’t play a down for the rest of the season is exactly what the eagles need right now.
                With that analogy why worry about a middle LB since you have Kendricks and Bradham?

Comment

I thought JT tore a triceps or something like that

or am I thinking of someone else?
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

No you have the right guy. He had surgery yesterday with a 6-9 month recovery period.

Comment

Yep, your right, hadn't seen that, Thx T

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                        Buff is a WC team right now.
                        Pleasant surprise for them, but I doubt it changes their long-term thinking. They still have five tackles (and three potential playoff teams in need).

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                          With that analogy why worry about a middle LB since you have Kendricks and Bradham?
                          That wasn’t an analogy bud.

Comment

Working...
                          X