Dunphy Out, McKie In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunphy Out, McKie In

Fran is stepping aside and letting McKie take over after next season per Seth Davis on CBS.

More than a long time coming. Hopefully Aaron gets us back on track.
    Last edited by Sect 236; 03-30-2018, 01:57 PM.

I obviously don't have the same connection with Temple as others on the bored, but it's the big 5 team I root for. Hope this works out.

edit: totally missed the "season after next" thing.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 03-30-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I read your post too soon and thought this was going into effect next season. Why is Fran Dunphy getting a curtain call year? What exactly has he done for Temple Basketball other than make it completely irrelevant? How come a school like La Salle can fire their Coach, who actually got them to a Sweet 16 a few years ago, and Temple can't? Because he's a nice man?

The low standards that guys like Dunphy and Martelli have in this town (similar to Speed Morris back in the day) is remarkable to me.
      Last edited by rothdawg; 03-30-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
        Hopefully McKie gets Lynn Greer on the staff so we don't miss out on his son like we did with Jalen.
        Hopefully that happens and then Lynn II doesn't get caught up in sexual assault allegations at a rub and tug using a HOF NBA player's name as his alias. Can't forget that very important second part of the equation to ensure that Lynn III ends up in cherry.

Comment

Glad for you guys getting McKie in there

hopefully he gets some players and makes the BIG5 good again

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
            I read your post too soon and thought this was going into effect next season. Why is Fran Dunphy getting a curtain call year? What exactly has he done for Temple Basketball other than make it completely irrelevant? How come a school like La Salle can fire their Coach, who actually got them to a Sweet 16 a few years ago, and Temple can't? Because he's a nice man?

The low standards that guys like Dunphy and Martelli have in this town (similar to Speed Morris back in the day) is remarkable to me.
            Yeah, I'm not too happy about the curtain call aspect of this, but, at least knowing that no matter what he's out next year will make it easier to digest when he has them completely flat and unprepared for about 6-8 AAC games next year.

He's let PSU become more of a presence in Philly recruiting than Temple (Chambers maybe paying Tony Carr to go there notwithstanding). Inexcusable.

Comment

Yeah I heard Greer III's top choice is Penn State, Chambers has quite the ties to Roman Catholic. Hopefully this move changes that.

Comment

Working...
              X