Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawford batting ninth

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
    From Big Balls Doug to Tanned Balls Gabe.

Gone before the All Star break.
    Last edited by The Duck; 03-30-2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Welp ... Gabe Kwan Do got his first win.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        I can't wait for him to trade Hoskins and Kingery for a couple of douche-bags he's coached before
        Last edited by dev_32; 03-31-2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          Shoulda doused him with a cooler of coconut oil to mark the occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
            I can't wait for him to trade Hoskins and Kingery for a couple of douche-bags he's coached before
            This meathead should have Kingery in the lineup everyday. They need to trade someone and make room for him.

Comment

IIRC, the analysis for batting the pitcher 8 produces 1 extra hit

Per season. #analytics

Comment

This meathead should have Kingery in the lineup everyday. They need to trade someone and make room for him.
                I wish Franco had some trade value. Hernandez is a much better player, I’d like to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                  Shoulda doused him with a cooler of coconut oil to mark the occasion.
                  I guarantee he slathers that over his balls prior to shaving. Decreases amount of time for him to make it to the mound to pull a pitcher. #analytics

Comment

I have to assume there's a reason the majority of managers outside of Maddon and LaRussa aren't doing it. I'm thinking Crawford has to feel a little disrespected after hitting ninth. Sure, he's probably going to hit no more than .230 this year but let's not try and send these messages this early.

If Coco Nuts wants to use analytics, he may want to revisit pulling his ace after 68 pitches or walking a player to get to a guy historically batting .500 against a specific pitcher. I know it's only two games in but he's going to lose this locker room if this continues.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                      I wish Franco had some trade value. Hernandez is a much better player, I’d like to keep him.
                      The thing that concerns me the most is it appears Franco hasn't improved in the box. He looks like the same batter. I was hoping some new blood would maybe help him make an adjustment. I guess not. If I'm a gambling man, I expect Franco and Herrera will not be on this team when they get really good.

Comment

The thing that concerns me the most is it appears Franco hasn't improved in the box. He looks like the same batter. I was hoping some new blood would maybe help him make an adjustment. I guess not. If I'm a gambling man, I expect Franco and Herrera will not be on this team when they get really good.
                        Agreed on Franco. I actually can't stand watching him hit, his helmet comes off almost every at bat trying to swing so hard.

I like Herrera, even though he rubs people the wrong way. He gets on base, has a little pop, is good defensively, and he's on a team friendly deal. But it seems like he's pissed a lot of people off, so you may right.

Comment

I agree. This is a make-or-break season for him. He needs to either improve or at the very least show he's making adjustments. I see the same guy. They talked about Santana taking him under his wing this season. Either that didn't happen or he didn't listen.

Comment

that's the crazy part

I have to assume there's a reason the majority of managers outside of Maddon and LaRussa aren't doing it. I'm thinking Crawford has to feel a little disrespected after hitting ninth. Sure, he's probably going to hit no more than .230 this year but let's not try and send these messages this early.

If Coco Nuts wants to use analytics, he may want to revisit pulling his ace after 68 pitches or walking a player to get to a guy historically batting .500 against a specific pitcher. I know it's only two games in but he's going to lose this locker room if this continues.
                            Crawford might bat .230, but he gets on base at a ~.350 clip, which is nuts. I guess you'd rather use that to open the next inning up and try to score rather than use his OBP to flip the lineup, but I'm not sure what makes more sense over the season.

As an aside, the only defense I've heard of pulling Nola is that he wasn't stretched out. That's untrue, as he's thrown a few 80+ pitch bullpen sessions. He was fine. Also, why the fuck would you bat him and then pull him?

Mistakes happen. Analytics is great for scouting, but attempting to run the entire game as if you're a computer is insane. Doug had all the math done for him but he was never a slave to it. Why have a manager at all, if we're just going to follow the book?

Comment

I'm sure it's going to change daily but these lineups don't even make sense. Santana in the two spot? I guess he wasn't brought here to protect Hoskins. You bench Herrera on opening day and then you put him in the third spot? Your best hitter is typically in the third spot. If he's your best hitter, why is he sitting on the bench opening day? Kingery at six? What don't you like about his bat? I must be watching something else. Knapp two games in a row to start the season?

In regards to pitching, he's worried so much about the starting pitching that he's burned out the bullpen already. Does he not realize you can overwork your bullpen, too? You would think these are playoff games the way he goes through pitchers.

Comment

Working...
                              X