• Show
Clear All

• McCarron becoming a free agent

definitely affects the Foles market.

Good. I want him here

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      definitely affects the Foles market.
      The stupid QB money we're going to see flying around will absolutely impact Foles' market.

Comment

Why? His proven record of success?
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

are you asking why do I want Foles to stay here for another year? that's what i meant.

Comment

I'm not sure McCarron being out there

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
            Good. I want him here
            will help keep Foles in Philly.

Let's look at the Bills and Cards.

If you want to secure a QB with experience in the league, would you give up a first round (or one of your first round) pick for Foles at $7 million?

Or pay McCarron $15 million? Or Keenum, etc.

Or Cousins $30 million?

Comment

they'd have to extend Foles almost immediately if they trade a 1 for him.

also, i don't think any team is gonna trade a 1st for Foles. and eagles would rather have the insurance of him for a manageable $7m hit this year in the event Wentz gets blasted again. it worked perfectly this year. Some team will have to knock their socks off with an offer to pry him away from 'us'.

Comment

Foles is about a million times more proven and successful than AJ McCarron.

Comment

I thought you were wanting McCarron and I wanted to punch you.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    they'd have to extend Foles almost immediately if they trade a 1 for him.

also, i don't think any team is gonna trade a 1st for Foles. and eagles would rather have the insurance of him for a manageable $7m hit this year in the event Wentz gets blasted again. it worked perfectly this year. Some team will have to knock their socks off with an offer to pry him away from 'us'.
                    That any team trading for him would need to extend him.

I also agree that having him is great for "us" especially with Wentz going down in December and possibly not being 100% by September.

I think "knock their socks off" = any first round pick (maybe even a future #1!)

Doug and Howie (and maybe Jeffrey) have talked about developing QBs for both on-field support and tradability. If you just won the SB, and have zero Day 2 picks, wouldn't you consider getting some additional picks to make that happen? Gotta think for the future when draft pick salaries will also help this team!

Comment

Working...
                    X