• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaybe Kaplar

This guy is Chip Kelly times 10. He sounds like a lunatic

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
    This guy is Chip Kelly times 10. He sounds like a lunatic
    Apparently he met with Charlie Manual to discuss analytics, Charlie told him to go watch Stairs vs. Broxton in the 2008 NLCS to analyze just how far that ball traveled.

Comment

The Eagles made one bad coaching hire in Chip. With the Phils this will be 3. From Sandberg down to this clown.

Comment

I mean, he's coached literally zero games so far. I don't know if he's going to work out or not, but, this is an all-time Ant move burying him before they've even had their first scrimmage.

He's different and "new school," but, unlike Chip, he seems to value the players' opinions and personalities. Obviously, I hope it works out. With the rotation they have, I don't know how successful Connie Mack would be next year to be honest.

Comment

All this

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
          I mean, he's coached literally zero games so far. I don't know if he's going to work out or not, but, this is an all-time Ant move burying him before they've even had their first scrimmage.

He's different and "new school," but, unlike Chip, he seems to value the players' opinions and personalities. Obviously, I hope it works out. With the rotation they have, I don't know how successful Connie Mack would be next year to be honest.
          I just think some of his early antics won't work long term, but who knows. It's another innovation and I can't fault the org for innovating. Problem is the rotation like you mentioned. Shoes will drop on the players out there...eventually.

Comment

Charlie Manual won a World Series.

Comment

I was including Gabe Kapler in it, not Charlie.

I'm willing to give the guy a chance but we all know gimmicks don't work in Pro Sports.

Comment

To be fair I don’t think Chip failed because of the sports science stuff. I think he failed because he’s an asshole who couldn’t manage men.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                  I was including Gabe Kapler in it, not Charlie.
                  I'm saying Charlie wasn't actually a coaching mastermind. Coach Buttermaker could have won with that team.

Comment

True. A friend of mine said he thinks Bochy or LaRussa could have won 3 or 4 with that Phils team.

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                    I'm saying Charlie wasn't actually a coaching mastermind. Coach Buttermaker could have won with that team.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                      True. A friend of mine said he thinks Bochy or LaRussa could have won 3 or 4 with that Phils team.
                      Well, if a friend of yours thinks that, it must be true.

Comment

A friend of mine thinks he is Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                          A friend of mine thinks he is Batman.
                          Last edited by JuTMSY4; 02-16-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post

Everyone, including me thought that Gomer would not succeed. Man did he prove us wrong.

All I can keep thinking about is Sweathogs.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                            X