Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Jersey girls can play some futbol

3 goals from SJ, one from Central Jersey tonight
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Go to Ott's right now

Carli will never buy a drink or meal there ever.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

You guys had some fun with my....

..... girls soccer coaching career here in Central Jersey, but the way I always approached it is this: If I can help elevate the level of women's soccer in this state by just one nanometer, I'm happy about it. I always fought for fair competition in youth athletics and I truly believe that everyone can have their shining moment. I also believe that to be better, you have to play better competition. These US women are better because of all the outstanding competition they've faced as young girls and the hard work and dedication of so many great coaches, many of whom are themselves children of immigrants. People who understand the game. New Jersey is that.

Comment

Four Jersey girls. Rampone from Point Pleasant, O'Reilly from East Brunswick, Heath from Ridge, Lloyd from (I believe) Delran. I specifically remember watching Lloyd play on TV in high school. A woman among girls back then. O'Reilly was starting for the national team while she was in high school.
        Last edited by RSE; 07-06-2015, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Throwbacks in Delran
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Supposedly Lloyd was held back after the 2007 World Cup when Hope Solo publically complained that she and not Brianna Scurry should have played goal in the semifinal which the USA lost. The other women froze Solo out, but Lloyd was the only player who would talk to Solo, which pissed off the Wambach/Rampone elders.

Comment

I heard the same spin.

Funny, in an ironic sort of way, that Lloyd put the team on her back which allowed those two the opportunity to do the trophy hoist the last chance they had to do so.
              And a class move by Carli to slip the Captain's armband onto Wambach, given that history.

Comment

Working...
              X