Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was going through your head during the SB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt good the entire time until NE went up 33-32. I was surprised our line wasn't getting to Brady but the game was playing out well enough.

When they got that 1 point lead I was afraid a defensive stop or a field goal duel could ruin things. But once the strip sack came I was confident Doug & Schwartz wouldn't screw it up.

Comment

I was not that nervous until Ertz scored with too much time on the clock.

The bedlam moment was the strip sack ... I was convinced they'd run the clock ... when they didn't I got worried again about the FG ... that was a huge kick and doesn't get enough credit with all the other shit that happened.

One thing I will never forget was that during the Ertz TD drive (Eagles down one) ... and this was before the game was even close to being won ... I turned to my son and said: "I think this is the best Super Bowl I've ever seen"

Then they won and there was no doubt about it being the best I ever saw.

Drank a lot ... tequilla shots and Coronas ... bottle of champagne.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I think the whole time I was thinking “Holy shit! This is the Patriots and we are punching them in the mouth! This can happen.”

Even when they lost the lead, it still felt attainable. It was a good feeling.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

WONDERING HOW MUCH I COULD DRINK AND STILL DRIVE HOME.

JUST KEPT SAYING TO MYSELF, THIS IS STILL TOM BRADY AND BELECHEAT, IT'S NEVER OVER TILL IT'S OVER.

BUT THEN, NEXT THOUGHT WAS, F THAT, WE GOT THIS.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I wasn't as negative as I normally am either. I had this strange feeling the entire day that they were going to win and, for the first time ever, it really never wavered. That said, I was an absolute disaster from the moment I woke up. Total ball of nerves. I just crashed when the hail mary hit the ground. One of the best and strangest days of my life.
            Last edited by McCarthy12; 03-19-2018, 08:40 AM.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Bundle of nerves

From the moment I woke up. I couldn’t bring myself to watch any pre game shows because it would just add to the anxiety. Since we were watching at our friends house I couldn’t avoid it completely. Once the game started I couldn’t truly enjoy it, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. Elliot FG after the strip sack actually had me believing and the rest, quite honestly was a blur until the Hail Mary hit the turf. And then the waterworks and sheer joy. I couldn’t wait to watch the replay, doing so actually allowed me to enjoy the game.

Comment

This

Originally posted by slag View Post
                I was not that nervous until Ertz scored with too much time on the clock.

The bedlam moment was the strip sack ... I was convinced they'd run the clock ... when they didn't I got worried again about the FG ... that was a huge kick and doesn't get enough credit with all the other shit that happened.

One thing I will never forget was that during the Ertz TD drive (Eagles down one) ... and this was before the game was even close to being won ... I turned to my son and said: "I think this is the best Super Bowl I've ever seen"

Then they won and there was no doubt about it being the best I ever saw.

Drank a lot ... tequilla shots and Coronas ... bottle of champagne.
                Was very hopeful until the patsies got the ball with all that time left. With only 1 punt the wntire game, didnt think we were going to stop them, but then that strip sack... wow!
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

long after i've forgotten the names of my children, family, and loved ones I will remember 41- 33 and the philadelphia eagles.

Comment

nervous but confident. before the tipped pass INT, i thought they were on their way to 22-6 and a comfortable win. still felt great going up 22-12 before the half.

the first time i got worried was when we had to settle for 3, then the pats went up by 1. when we had 4th and 1, i had to make myself stay calm. was yelling "ertz ertz ertz" when i saw that he was one-on-one, and when we went up by 5 i really thought we'd keep the pats out of the end zone.

freaked out over the strip-sack, but realized the pats would still get the ball back. kept myself calm for the FG, and after that i thought it was over. never really thought the pats would be able to get 8 points.

Comment

Ohgod!

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                      Probably a tough question to ask. I rewatched the game and the highlights almost a hundred times now. Its hard to regrapse the actual moment.

I wasn’t negative, as I usually am, but I specifically remember thinking the Clement TD wasn’t gonna go our way. Once it did, I knew we were gonna win.
                      ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodwangnutzsuckohgodohgodohg odohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohg odohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohg odohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohg odohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohg odohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohg odohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohg odohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohg odohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohg odohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohg odohgodohgod
                      DB

Comment

That day was different. Jinx rituals and such went out the window. What will be, will be. That was the feeling I had. Confident, but also making an effort not to allow bad thoughts. I felt prepared with all the information I needed as a fan. Like the Eagles players probably felt.

It was our turn. That was the feeling of everyone at the bar. A little doubt crept in after the half. The Patriots took the lead and the bar seemed to lose a it’s mojo and energy for about a solid 15 minute.

After the Ertz TD, the moment of truth was near for me. Clinched fists, probably mumbling shit to myself in a loud, packed bar.

Anyway, the strip sack was huge but I immediately knew it was not time to celebrate... calming people down like Jeff Lurie. The best I could do was feel like the odds spiked up a lot. Like Slag mentioned, the 46 yard kick was huge for me. Patriots need more things to happen in succession with time running out if they were to win.

The Hail Mary required some processing to locate the ball, to look for a flag, to look for signals from the players and refs to ensure the game was over and to look at the clock. I processed it fairly fast and celebrated full mode while many were in a fog. Slowly the celebration began to build though.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                          The magnitude of that kick can be heard in Merrill's call... which was, by far, his finest moment of the broadcast. It was the biggest call of his life, and the biggest kick in franchise history.

If Jake shanks that kick, we lose the game. No doubt about it. The kid so was so money all season, it was ridiculous.

Amazing how many things have to go just right to win it all.
                          Last edited by The Duck; 03-20-2018, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                            The magnitude of that kick can be heard in Merrill's call... which was, by far, his finest moment of the broadcast. It was the biggest call of his life, and the biggest kick in franchise history.

If Jake shanks that kick, we lose the game. No doubt about it. The kid so was so money all season, it was ridiculous.

Amazing how many things have to go just right to win it all.
                            Even Collinsworth says "-clutch-" when Elliott makes that kick.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Confidential to you

One particular thing that went through my head that day, although I wasn't thinking about once the game started ... when I saw that the manager of DD had the ED displayed in the rack behind the counter ... my immediate thought was "We're gonna win the Super Bowl"
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It is amazing. Julio Jones mistimes his leap — if it weren’t for that we’d be talking draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X