How many of Foles’ losses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of Foles’ losses

We’re on him, and how many were on absolutely horrible coaching? Chip and Billy did him no favors. Before they traded for Bradford, I was planning on him being the starter.

Then he goes to Jeff Fisher, who somehow managed to be worse than Chip.

If anything, I think this team plays to his strengths more than any of the others he’s been a part of. Foles likes to throw those contested passes, so I expect big things from Jefferey.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

As far as backup QB scenarios go, this is better than most.

Foles is marginal starting QB quality and can win games. Far better than some backup chump. I don't think he wins it but he does give us hope if everyone else steps up.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Hey ... if the difference between Foles with Fisher and Foles with Gomer is the same as Goff with Fisher and Goff with McVay ... I'll take it.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

the game that really did foles in was chip's worst as coach. that was @ AZ in 2014. he dropped back 64 times in that game. chip's non-challenge of chris polk's first down (nearly a TD) was also one of the worst non-challenges i've ever seen.

i agree with IE that this is a very good backup QB scenario. i wonder if we'll see dougie go pass-first with foles just like he did yesterday. get foles some easy completions, and then go run-heavy after loosening up the defense a little.

Comment

uhhhh I remember Foles having the best season of his life and even getting into Canton under Chip.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Hey ... if the difference between Foles with Fisher and Foles with Gomer is the same as Goff with Fisher and Goff with McVay ... I'll take it.
            Also you never know... I can't bring myself to say it.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Chip’s novelty offense that stopped working the next season.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I was at that game. It was brutal.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Was that the gayte?
                  Last edited by 3rd & Inches; 12-11-2017, 08:25 PM.
                  500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Yep. Best part of the day!
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

to be fair foles went 6-2 that season too. but i hear your point.

Comment

So then we agree. The QB position is fine.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Lets stop making excuses for him. He has a much better situation here now than he did as starter in St Louis as far as personnel around him. Hopefully he can keep mistakes to a minimum and manage the games.

Need running game and Defense can rise to the occasion.

Comment

this

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                            As far as backup QB scenarios go, this is better than most.

Foles is marginal starting QB quality and can win games. Far better than some backup chump. I don't think he wins it but he does give us hope if everyone else steps up.
                            I'm talking myself into it, but he's probably a top 30 QB in the NFL, which is pretty good in a league with 60-90 of em.

Comment

as good as we could hope for, yes. the eagles without wentz certainly aren't the packers without rodgers.

Comment

Working...
                              X