Sometimes, teams can forget what losing play is1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes, teams can forget what losing play is1

I'll never forget the Cunningham/Moss-led Vikings of 1998. I wanted them to go to the Superbowl so badly (for Randall). 15-1! I was sure they couldn't lose. And, unfortunately, the were sure "they couldn't lose."

As I watched them collapse to the inferior Falcons in the NFCCG, I was screaming at the tv to stop with the bad play calls and tepid play. They literally had no idea that they were losing the game, until it was too late.

I think the Pats 16-0 team and last year's Falcons had the same problem. They simply forgot what losing was.

Last night, the Eagles got a great bowl full of LOSING shoved down their throats. I'm not much more relaxed about the rest of the season! I was downright scared before the loss.

Failing or losing isn't always a bad thing. The thing that has me pissed is the way they lost. Hope this is a wake up call. They need to come out pissed off on Sunday and Punch Jagoff and lambs in the mouth from the opening kickoff.

Comment

If it schools them on the difference between football and playoff level football it could help later.

But I agree with the notion that it's somewhat troubling that they had their first big test and didn't handle it, with an unacceptable number of unforced errors.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I think this happens with young teams. Things are going smoothly for a while then they get smacked with a dose of reality. The vets on this team need to step up

Comment

Working...
        X