No announcement yet.

Will Wentz be able to open next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Wentz be able to open next season?

An ACL tear this late makes that a valid question. With his work ethic it seems possible, but I doubt he will be ready for TC or preseason, which will have an impact no matter what. In the long run I do suspect that it will make him more cautious about taking risks with his body, and make him a better overall QB. Also, if this had to happen, it is probably better now than later, the fact he is still so young will aid the healing process and the knowledge he is not invincible will make him more judicious in the way he plays.
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

I tried to find comparable injuries and timing. Carson Palmer tore his ACL in November of 2014 and was back to start 2015 and played well. Brady came back in dominate fashion in 09, but he was hurt in like week 2.

I think it'll be annoying, but he should be fine.

Comment

It can go smoothly and he could be back in 8 months like Flacco. There could be complications during recovery and he could need longer.

It's a case by case thing. I would guess that it being the ACL and ACL only would help with it being shorter than longer, but, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        It can go smoothly and he could be back in 8 months like Flacco. There could be complications during recovery and he could need longer.

It's a case by case thing. I would guess that it being the ACL and ACL only would help with it being shorter than longer, but, who knows.
        Yeah, it is impossible to tell. Hopefully all goes well. Frequently an ACL injury is accompanied by damage to the MCL and the meniscus.

What bugs me the most is he will miss out on getting playoff experience.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

didn't carson palmer also tear his ACL in the 05 divisional round? came back for the preseason the following year.

adrian peterson and wes welker also suffered ACL tears in december/january. i think wentz's injury was more similar to theirs than say, tedy bridgewater's.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            didn't carson palmer also tear his ACL in the 05 divisional round? came back for the preseason the following year.

adrian peterson and wes welker also suffered ACL tears in december/january. i think wentz's injury was more similar to theirs than say, tedy bridgewater's.
            This is nothing nearly like Bridgewater's injury.

Wentz was able to walk to the tent. But every case is different.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
            X