Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the great debate: stay in philly? or go to superbowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay home, better to enjoy around friends and family. Also want to be within 50 miles of Philly when they win so its party time.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Do you want to celebrate at a sterile corporate environment or be with a bunch of people that have been through the highs and lows that come with being a Eagles fan? Easy decision for me.
      Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
        I was there with my son and a few Igglephans faithful (Zubaz, Ells, IE, and Bardy to name a few). The game itself was okay, but I agree with the assessment that it wasn't anything like home, and not even as much fun as an away game. Too many disinterested douchebags, and the overall atmosphere had a fake, ad-driven veneer about it.

What made the trip for me was the time leading up to the game, and being able to enjoy a trip with fairly nice weather, excited fans, and lots of hype. I keep trying to imagine what it would be like having everybody crammed indoors in potentially freezing conditions, and it just doesn't sound like fun. And I'm sorry...but I can't say that money isn't a factor. To me, other than watching the game, there isn't a lot of value in going to Minneapolis.
        I guess one factor is that we are 4ish hours from Philly. The weekend hangout would be great if the Gayte crew could unite somewhere...

Comment

I would stay in Philly

....stay close with the die hard fans where it all began.

Broad St will be a historical scene should the Chicken allow.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Jacksonville sucked. It would have been better with a win (obviously), but it's nowhere near a fan experience. And Minneapolis/ February? Um. NO.
            WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Buy term, invest the difference

Kelly Greeeeeeeeeeeeen

Comment

another good question is whether it's more important to watch the game in philly, or be at the parade. i opt for the game in philly and then the ensuing madness.

Comment

Yuuuuuuuuupppppp.
                  WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

of course there's the option to stay for both...

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      of course there's the option to stay for both...
                      Im coming saturday and staying til wednesday in hopes that if there is a parade it will be on Tuesday.

Any suggestions on what to do for the game?

Also where to get the best tomato pie in Philly, im tired of reading about these things without ever have tried one.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                        removing $$$ as a factor....

do you stay in Philly? hang with friends, hope for the greatest night on Broad st in your lifetime.

or do you fly to Minnesota? see the game, go to sb parties, hope to be there for the first SB in franchise history.

tough call.
                        It's an interesting question. The city's going to be amazing if they win, of course, and that would be a night to remember for sure. I think if you have tickets in hand for the SB, you gotta go, though. Be one of the good fans that actually supports the team. Maybe get a chance to congratulate the players after the game. There's gotta be some amazing post-SB parties, too. And then fly back in time for the parade, and tell everyone your best Super Bowl stories.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                          Im coming saturday and staying til wednesday in hopes that if there is a parade it will be on Tuesday.

Any suggestions on what to do for the game?

Also where to get the best tomato pie in Philly, im tired of reading about these things without ever have tried one.
                          Iannellis in South Philly or Marchiano's in Roxborough.

Comment

a lot depending on what the wifee wants to do

but Ultimately yeah,,,wanna be wit the Guys!
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                              It’s gonna be so cold you literally have to race to indoor events and cannot enjoy anything outside.
                              Use the Skyway! That thing is bizarre.
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Hang the sheet!!!
                                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                                X