Answer Honestly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer Honestly

At what point in the season did you realize that this team was for real. For me it was the Carolina game. Was that week five or six maybe? But after that I was like, "why not us?"
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
    At what point in the season did you realize that this team was for real. For me it was the Carolina game. Was that week five or six maybe? But after that I was like, "why not us?"
    Agreed, that game. One we lose under Reid.

Comment

After we lost to KC, I had to drive home 800 miles the next day. I was hoping that we would start to click off some wins, but my faith wasn't strong yet.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Yeah, that's probably it.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

yep. i already thought they were a good team, but up until that game they were playing with house money. when they beat carolina i thought they were the best team in the NFC.

Comment

I had some weird confidence when Wentz went down too. That this was a complete team. It hurt losing Carson, but there was no reason to think we were done.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
              I had some weird confidence when Wentz went down too. That this was a complete team. It hurt losing Carson, but there was no reason to think we were done.
              Same here. Wentz was so good I think it was easy to forget how good the rest of the team is.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Yep. Carolina. On the road, the absolute onslaught of penalties... a game we always lose. That was it.

Comment

We swept the division (I'm not gonna count that last Puke game), and we beat the shitty teams like Chicago and San Fran. Normally we would drop a game against a scrub.

Comment

And we beat Arizona...thank God.

Comment

Honest to God. I was camping on a friday night with my girlfriend and some of my buddies the weekend of the KC game. Me and the GF drank a little too much and decided the next morning we were going to drive to Kansas City for the game the next morning. My buddys were talking shit about going there just to watch the Eagles lose. We woke up threw all our camping shit in the car and made the 9 hour drive to KC. Got to tailgate with EFinMD and Troggs.

Anyways we lost the game as we were leaving I was getting texts from my friends talking shit and I told them the Eagles were going to win a lot of games this year. I dont believe in good loses but I have never felt so good after watching the eagles lose a game.

Leaving the KC game is when I knew.

FWIW I also gave up after Wentz's injury.
                      Last edited by broadstreetparade; 01-21-2018, 11:49 PM.

Comment

http://igglephans.com/iggboard/showp...4&postcount=19

Comment

And we beat Arizona...thank God.
                          Obliterated em. That's when you started to realize this team wasn't fucking around.

Comment

remember that game we blew out minnesota? that was the game i thought we were for real... fuck the doubters

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                              Yep. Carolina. On the road, the absolute onslaught of penalties... a game we always lose. That was it.
                              HORRIBLY officiated game

Comment

Working...
                              X