OT - boston igglephans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - boston igglephans

moving to the area at the end of the month. any of you guys around there? would love any essential info on where to live (or look for a place), or of course local eagles bars.

Welcome back to the US.

I have no advice to give you abut Boston Would have preferred you landed in Phila. but close enough.

I'm still thinking Málaga is the place to live.

Maybe we should go to a game this season.

I'm being gracious and allowing 4skin and Vagiants fans to go to games with me this year. They are family and friends. No Cowboys fans allowed. Pick another game and we are there! {Cowboys game included!)
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The eagles bar used to be crossroads, but it just closed. So not sure where the group up there relocated. Try facenutz

As far as where to live, its relative to where you work. IMHO, besides East Boston and Roxbury, almost anywhere is fine. South End, North End and Theatre District are the ritzy-est. Cambridge, Somerville and Medford are nice on the other side of the river. I spent may last couple adult (not college) years in Union Square, Somerville before I moved out, but it was my favorite place by far. Great Brazilian food.

Comment

I lived in Medford for 6 months a few years ago. I liked it. I lived near Tufts University and if was a nice area. Used to walk to Davis Square for restaurants and bars.

Far enough away from downtown but still close enough for a quick ride in to Boston on The T.

Comment

málaga is the place to live, but i look forward to a gayte and game this year. i'm due for a win against dallas (0-3 so far).

Comment

I live in the area

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            moving to the area at the end of the month. any of you guys around there? would love any essential info on where to live (or look for a place), or of course local eagles bars.
            Hey man, I live close to Boston, in Waltham. I also help run the local Eagles group, Philadelphia Eagles Fans of Boston. We just announced our new bar, The Point, located near Faneuil Hall downtown:

https://www.thepointboston.net/pefob

We have a pretty active Facebook page, just look up our name and ask to join. We try to screen new joiners to keep out the spammers and other junk.

Where you live depends on what you are looking for. Obviously the closer you get to downtown, the more expensive it gets. Also, I don't recommend keeping a car if you choose to live downtown. Driving is a nightmare. The T is a POS, but it's a better option. The page below should give you a good start:

https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/...ld-you-live-in

There are a lot of surrounding towns that aren't officially Boston, but are close enough that you can get into the city pretty easy. If you want more help or have questions, send me a PM. Good luck!
            Last edited by EAGLESHEAD; 07-07-2017, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks man! I'll check out the FB group. I think I'm looking to live either in Allston or Cambridge, maybe Somerville. I'll do some more searching and then send you a PM. Cheers!

Comment

welcome

Art, I've up here for 17 years. It's great (except for the sports fans). Feel free to PM me with any questions, happy to help.

Comment

If you can find a place from where you can walk to work, it's a tremendous blessing. Saves money and eliminates a lot of variable problems. It's not a choice available to most people but it sounds like it could be one for you.
                  --------

Comment

i've been very spoiled over the past two years when it comes to walking/public transit. not driving to work, not getting in the car to buy groceries, and just avoiding car problems is huge. luckily, i think i'll be able to continue living like this.

was hoping to end up in phila, perhaps i could still salvage an offer there, but i am pretty happy with what i've managed.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      i've been very spoiled over the past two years when it comes to walking/public transit. not driving to work, not getting in the car to buy groceries, and just avoiding car problems is huge. luckily, i think i'll be able to continue living like this.

was hoping to end up in phila, perhaps i could still salvage an offer there, but i am pretty happy with what i've managed.
                      Boston is a good town. Lot's of culture there.

Unfortunately the weather sucks just like NYC and Phila. I'd say it's worse (but not that much worse) then NYC and Phila. Give me Málaga any day.
                      --------

Comment

Working...
                      X