OT : Bethany Beach, DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT : Bethany Beach, DE

Heading there for the family vacay in June. anyone live around there that can give any tips for things to do that I might not find in a brochure ?
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

No real tips that I can think of...but it's a nice family place. You'll have a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
      Heading there for the family vacay in June. anyone live around there that can give any tips for things to do that I might not find in a brochure ?
      My dad lives down there. plenty of wawa, speed limit is 35 and they are very strict about it. There are a few good seafood places there. If you are going on Sunday, that is church day and traffic is a bitch around there till about 1 or 2.

Rehoboth is 30 minutes north on coastal highway. Fins Raw Bar, Dogfish Head Chesapeake and Maine, and the crab shack are all solid.

Bethany Blues is okay for BBQ. Don't go to the blue crab restaurant...food and service are trash.

You are about 30-45 minutes to ocean city md..which is nice but can be a bit trashy in certain parts.

Bunch of state parks down there where you can do bayside kayak tours and shit like that. There are some speed boat tours as well that will take you out on the ocean for a ride up and down the coast.

You can also go to Lewes Delarware (about 10 minutes north of Rehoboth if even that) and take a ferry to Cape May NJ.

If you get sick, you might have to go to Beebe Hospital and just keep your fingers crossed that you come out with all your body parts.

I think that covers everything.

I'm heading down there after work today to hang out for a couple days. Just hate the 6 hour drive from Pittsburgh to there.

Big fish Grill in Ocean View (which is on cedar neck road which is about 10-15 minutes from Bethany) also has solid food.
      Last edited by nerd; 03-31-2017, 12:11 PM.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Two restaurants I strongly recommend you try:

Agave in Lewes (delicious burritos, fajitas, chips/salsa, rum beans, and perhaps the best margaritas on the east coast)

Henlopen Oysterhouse in Rehoboth Beach (crab cakes, bbq chicken, and burgers are all top notch - they have a small but thoughtfully curated draft selection)

Comment

I'm a fan of Zoggs (open year round) and Jake's.

I second the state park idea. If you find the Bethany area too crowded, head a few miles up the coast (just south of the Indian River Inlet Bridge is okay) and use the state park beach. There's a fee, but there's also a nice bathroom facility, and overall it's a decent value.

Comment

Dewey Beach is a nice little party town. You can park the car and walk to everything. North beach is nice plus cork n bottle gets some goods bands.

Comment

Bethany Beach is a perfect family spot. Went there every summer for my childhood. Beautiful beach, great stores/food on the boardwalk, safe, and lots of fun activities to do throughout the week. ENJOY!

Comment

Why go all that way when you have the beautiful Cuyahoga River to dip your toes in?? Just make sure you're not too close to the flames though...

https://clevelandhistorical.org/item...3#.WN7Fam_yt6o
                Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Thanks for all of the tips, gentlemen

I'll definitely be looking into these.
                  The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Bwaaahaha !!!

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
                    Why go all that way when you have the beautiful Cuyahoga River to dip your toes in?? Just make sure you're not too close to the flames though...

https://clevelandhistorical.org/item...3#.WN7Fam_yt6o
                    Asshole.

Comment

Been years, but it is a great family vacation spot. Very quiet - there were only a few places to get a drink when I was last there, but if you are looking for a family-friendly spot to just marinate at, it's great. In fact, I was just saying to my wife that I wouldn't mind going back there again some time. Have fun!
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                        Asshole.
                        I resemble that remark.
                        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

I heard Ellsworth mention The Frogg Pond in Rehoboth a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                            I heard Ellsworth mention The Frogg Pond in Rehoboth a lot.
                            I think you heard it wrong. I believe he was talking about something called "the man dance" at the double L bar.
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Geezus

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                              I think you heard it wrong. I believe he was talking about something called "the man dance" at the double L bar.
                              It sounds like he's getting dicked there?

Comment

Working...
                              X