Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Spine,,,I said I'm a Bass "Guitarist"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Spine,,,I said I'm a Bass "Guitarist"!

Its stuff like this that makes me remember why I worked so hard and loved the who so much,,guys Like the Ox and Chris Kicking down the door for Us,,,, Us Bass Guitarists....we slap., Pop pick , pluck and hammer away!

57 is just waay to young,,,but he knew,,,no more blow!,,,he lived his life the way he wanted too.... He and Chris simply the best! Lemmy and Geddy find their way in too....
    Last edited by TRENT; 07-08-2017, 06:42 PM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

And John Baldwin aka John Paul Jones

Comment

I STILL SAY YOUR BETTER THAN 99% OF THE BASSISTS I'VE SEEN PLAY. HOWEVER, HARD TO SAY WHO'S BETTER THEN WHO WHEN YOUR PART OF THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN. HAVEN'T SEEN YOU ON GUITAR YET. BUT HOPING TO AT A GAYTE MINI SHOW. PUTTING A REQUEST IN FOR....MOOD FOR A DAY.

I IMAGINE YOUR EVEN BETTER WITH 6 STRINGS.
      Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 07-09-2017, 01:20 AM.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Regal View Post
        And John Baldwin aka John Paul Jones
        GOTTA TOSS STANLEY CLARKE IN AND ALSO ROB DERHAK FROM moe. IN THERE AS WELL.
        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 07-09-2017, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Stanley is 1A bro

not many on here will know who he or Charles Mingus is,,, I had the opportunity at 15 to meet Stanley and watch my bass teacher play with him,,,was an amazing moment watching him pick up the upright bass and play it like a regular guitar,,, Insane.

Was watching some Ox bass jams,,though you'd like to see this one.
          Last edited by TRENT; 07-09-2017, 09:53 AM.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Mood for a day Huh,,thats like 3 months of practice

Im sure it will happen,,,Needs to be stuff that is easy and recognizable,,and its always tough to stand alone and play the melodies that people will say,,yeah I remember that..
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Jaco Pastorius
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

WE COULD GO ON AND ON.

TAI WAKENFELD
                JOHN MYUNG

Comment

I was watching some of those top 10 Guitarist bass players ect

When I look at a top 10 I expect to see certain names, then a few I might not Agree with, No Chris Squire No credibility.

If I made a list it would be 10- a b c d e 9- a b c d e 8- a b c 7- a b c d...ect,,,there is no room that's why I said Stanley was 1 a...

Phil Lesh makes it in there too..I like the guy from Dream theater,,,Zappa had a bass player that was just Incredible,, I did see alfonso Johnson play Chapman stick for Santana the year he graduated Berkeley,,,that was impressive,,and lets not forget Greg Lake who had to some how make sense of what was happening on either side of him,,,Tony Levin the Hired Gun has always been a Industry Standard,,,also saw him play a Chapman stick,,,,sooo many good ones so little time
                  Last edited by TRENT; 07-10-2017, 09:15 AM.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Jack Casady
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                      When I look at a top 10 I expect to see certain names, then a few I might not Agree with, No Chris Squire No credibility.

If I made a list it would be 10- a b c d e 9- a b c d e 8- a b c 7- a b c d...ect,,,there is no room that's why I said Stanley was 1 a...

Phil Lesh makes it in there too..I like the guy from Dream theater,,,Zappa had a bass player that was just Incredible,, I did see alfonso Johnson play Chapman stick for Santana the year he graduated Berkeley,,,that was impressive,,and lets not forget Greg Lake who had to some how make sense of what was happening on either side of him,,,Tony Levin the Hired Gun has always been a Industry Standard,,,also saw him play a Chapman stick,,,,sooo many good ones so little time
                      OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW LEVIN PLAYED WITH A.B.W.H. ON THEIR TOUR.

TAI IS AMAZING, SHE PLAYED, AND KEPT UP WITH JEFF BECK ON HIS TOUR A FEW YEARS BACK. GIRL CAN BRING IT. AND YEA SOME OF THEM TOP TENS HAVE ME SAYING WHA?
                      Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 07-11-2017, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Peter Klaven
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I don't own a guitar but I still like playing with my stick.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Caught ABWH @ the Spectrum

had my bags packed in the isle on floor,,,drove to Philly airport after the show; Flew to Sacramento that night,,saw the Dead play the next 3 nights at the Cal Expo,,,will always remember those shows, Close to the Edge had not been played in Philly in almost 20 years,,,was the longest standing Ovation I have even seen,,,,so long Steve sat down in a chair on stage,,just watched and waved!

Tony can play whatever he wants,,,just that good,,saw him with Peter Gabriel too ..Hired Gun,,,,the young woman playing with Jeff Beck was just amazing, there is your classical influence for sure...I would pay to see her play anytime.
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

Percy Sutton

he was a good too
                              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                              X