Why would you trade (inexpensive) Foles plus picks for (expensive) Bradford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would you trade (inexpensive) Foles plus picks for (expensive) Bradford

(plus less valuable picks) unless you were thinking of using Bradford as some sort of chip in a deal?

Maybe Kelly thinks that Bradford can be a good QB if healthy. It's pretty clear Kelly soured on Foles for some reason. And it can't be injuries! C'mon! If you are talking injury risk Bradford with the knee is far more risky than Foles with the non throwing shoulder.

I can't see Bradford being any more mobile than Foles.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

DUMB trade, period.

Comment

Kelly thought he could use Bradford to get Mariota. He screwed the pooch.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Because Bradford is a franchise QB who had his best year under our OC.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          I know you are a Bradford fluffer but what happens if he blows out his ACL yet again in the eighth game of the season? You are on the hook for his full salary... You have no QB of the future...

Bradford has NOT proven himself to be a franchise QB by any means. He MIGHT be a potential one if somehow he could stay healthy. Far from proven and all available indicates otherwise.

I think Chip was trying to fleece Cleveland and it blew up.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

This. You're talking a chance on a potential prototypical franchise QB. As much as Chip may have liked MM, he knew the odds of getting him were minuscule. He traded for Bradford because he has a chance of being great.

Comment

I think they're taking a one year gamble on what he could be. At best, he's a stud and out QB for the next 5+ years. At worst, he's not.

The Rams were/are a special kind of bad. There is no saving that team. I think they believe that the reward that comes with putting him in the right situation was worth the risk.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                (plus less valuable picks) unless you were thinking of using Bradford as some sort of chip in a deal?

Maybe Kelly thinks that Bradford can be a good QB if healthy. It's pretty clear Kelly soured on Foles for some reason. And it can't be injuries! C'mon! If you are talking injury risk Bradford with the knee is far more risky than Foles with the non throwing shoulder.

I can't see Bradford being any more mobile than Foles.
                If you watch the all 22's it's pretty easy to see why Kelly soured on Foles. Pretty good chance that if the Bradford trade never happened, Sanchez would have won the starting job. Foles made a lot of bad decisions last year.
                Bradford is actually a legit NFL QB and likely better than Mariota for at least the next two or three seasons. Definitely and upgrade over Foles and Sanchez -- with the health caveat.

Eagles fans made out alright tonight. The future wasn't damaged. When real NFL people take over next year they can right the ship pretty quickly.

Comment

I know i'm in the minority but I think Bradford is light years better than Nick Foles. He's well suited for this offense he ran a spread offense at Oklahoma. I liked Foles all he did was win but he was always a square peg in a round hole.

It's a roll of the dice. For the Eagles to improve they need better players and IMO Bradford is a better player than Nick Foles.

My biggest concerns are his injuries and if he can stay healthy. Also he hasn't played in two years and thats a long time not to play in any sport. I think if Bradford can stay healthy and plays at a level that he has in the past the Eagles will be golden.

The first time Bradford tore his ACL was in late Oct 2013. His seconder injury was in a preseason game in Aug 2014. I think he came back too soon, only 10 months between injuries.

#1 OCT 21, 2013
                  http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...me-with-injury

#2 AUG 27, 2014
                  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-with-torn-acl
                  Last edited by Dolomite; 05-01-2015, 12:20 AM.

Comment

it wasn't that great of a year.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

It appears Chip feels Bradford is a better "Plan B" than Foles is/was, and he could be right.
                      Last edited by Shoeless; 05-01-2015, 12:43 AM.
                      Not having a good quarterback is bad luck.

Comment

You are wrong it was a great year. He played on a team that went 1-15 in 2009, 1-15 teams are bad teams. In 2010 the Rams went 7-9.

From WIKI and it is accurate.

During October and November, he established a record for most consecutive passes without an interception for a rookie (169), which ended with an interception by William Moore in a home game against the Atlanta Falcons on November 21.[70] On November 28, 2010, against the Denver Broncos, Bradford became the first rookie in NFL history to pass for at least 300 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions during a road victory.[71] He capped November by becoming the first rookie QB to win two consecutive Offensive Rookie of the Month awards.

On December 26, Bradford surpassed Peyton Manning's record for most completed passes by an NFL rookie quarterback (326). Bradford finished the season with 354 completions out of 590 attempts, surpassing Manning's record of 575 for most attempts by an NFL rookie quarterback. Bradford became just the third rookie quarterback to start all 16 regular season games and pass over 3000 passing yards, joining Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan.

Comment

And in 2013, he was on his way to being elite. On a lousy Rams team.

Man, I hope that knee holds up. Kelly's O made Sanchez look respectable. Imagine what it'll do for Bradford.

Comment

So..he threw the most passes to complete the most passes? That's cool I guess. Foles was qb for a team that went 4-12 and then 10-6... with a shitty d.

I just don't see it...but maybe bradford will be awesome... but if chip was that desperate to get mm... then im not sure if he believes it either.
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                              So..he threw the most passes to complete the most passes? That's cool I guess. Foles was qb for a team that went 4-12 and then 10-6... with a shitty d.

I just don't see it...but maybe bradford will be awesome... but if chip was that desperate to get mm... then im not sure if he believes it either.
                              Chip said he wasn't desperate to get MM. He said it in March, said it again today. His actions seem to bear that out.

I know the media said otherwise during the pre-draft throwing-shit-against-the-wall-for-clicks period, but their track record speaks for itself. The moves they thought would happen didn't. The moves that did happen, they never saw coming. At this point, they don't deserve any credibility when it comes what Chip Kelly is thinking or what he wants. They've been wrong about pretty much everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X