Sunday Ticket Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Ticket Info

You non locals who have DirecTV ST (and ST MAX) have you made "the call" yet?

Every year (I've been with them since 1995) I call in July, ask IMMEDIATELY for the retention department, give them some short song and dance about wanting to cancel my service because the bill is too high, blah, blah, blah and ask if they can do anything to comp my the ST MAX (I need the MAX because I have a son in college and he uses the remote access).

The rep starts by thanking me for my loyal service and usually hands over a bushel of free services.

Yesterday I was in a hurry so I "settled' when she said I'd get free ST MAX AND $12/month off the rest of my bill for 6 months. In years past I've gotten a lot more ($40-$50/month of my bill for 15 months and free premium channels).

Funny, she assured me that no one ever gets the ST "MAX" for free but she'd be more than happy to do it for me. LOL, I've gotten it free for the last ten years!

Anyhow, if you guys aren't on this gravy train I just wanted to lay out the easy, step-by-step guidelines for assured success. The MOST IMPORTANT step is asking for "retentions" as soon as the first rep answers (because they have no power to give you squat but retentions is the last line of their defense from losing you as a customer, which of course you have no intention of doing anyways!).

Didn't work for me this year. They just said thanks for being a loyal customer and we'll send you a kit to return your receiver. So I cut the cord - for the second and last time. But with over-the-top services from HBO, Showtime, and others it's only a matter of time before DirecTV offers Sunday Ticket over-the-top. There's a whole generation of cord nevers who never have and never will pay for a cable/satellite subscription. The NFL won't risk losing the cord nevers or the growing number of cord cutters for very long.

In my case, I had the phone conversation with Directv a day before the AT&T announcement. So maybe they were instructed to not give away Sunday Ticket that day? Dunno. But I'm done with them.

I'll buy game rewind from the NFL at a fraction of the cost and watch the games Sunday night after the late games are finished and spend Sunday day time doing other shit.
    Last edited by The Ref; 07-26-2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Bwahahahahahaha..........

Totally useless troll asshole responding to spamming douchebag.

Pretty funny. It's like a auto dialer leaving a message on your answering machine.
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Funny part is

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post

Pretty funny. It's like a auto dialer leaving a message on your answering machine.
        ....when he realizes you can't watch rewind until after the MNF games....so Tuesday will be the new Sunday.... But not let real information get in the way of pontificating.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post

What/who are you referring to?

The information I gave was totally and completely, 100% accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            ....when he realizes you can't watch rewind until after the MNF games....so Tuesday will be the new Sunday.... But not let real information get in the way of pontificating.
            They're available after the sunday night game, which is about 8:30 ish on the west coast. Perfect time.

Comment

What's funnier is that Direct TV apparently reads the board.
              Last edited by slag; 07-27-2015, 08:43 AM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
              X