Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I THINK IGGS SHOULD HAVE MADE BURTON AN OFFER.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I THINK IGGS SHOULD HAVE MADE BURTON AN OFFER.

ANY OFFER. MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE STAYED FOR LESS THAN HE WAS GIVEN. I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE DID A GOOD JOB HERE.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

He just made 32 mil. I’m think an offer would have been half of that. I think it would have been even more insulting. Not to mention, he took his deal with the Bears within HOURS (maybe less) of the legal tampering period...maybe they wanted to see how things played out. He KNEW they had cap issues...

Comment

As of the contract signing...he was the fifth highest TE in the NFL. With the Eagles up against the cap, and having a guy that ACTUALLY is a top 5 TE, the split was inevitable.

Comment

I'm thinking it would have resulted in being 'insulted by the Eagles' offer' anyway. It's silly for him to expect the Eagles would give him anything reasonable compared to what he was offered.

Comment

I think they did the guy a favor by not even trying to make an offer. Everybody knew his value was greater than what the team could manage with the cap situation.

That said, I think the FO (known for their PR skills) could have handled it a little better by at least contacting Burton and letting him know that while they would love to keep him, they were sure that they couldn't offer anything near his actual market price, and wishing him luck. (Heck, maybe they did to that, but Burton didn't mention that.)
          Last edited by Susquehanna Birder; 03-15-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I KNOW THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE CAP SPACE FOR HIM. JUST SUCKS SEEING ANYONE LEAVE THIS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

He was a little dissapointed that that the iggs did'nt even make him an offer. He will be back.

Comment

Working...
              X