Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnett = JJ watt

Calling it now.
    But if he is marcus smiff, or jon harris, I will take Howie to the piss bucket and make him drink it.

As long as he's not Fredo Watt...

Comment

Im thinking he's more a combination of Deacon Jones and Gino Marchetti.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        Im thinking he's more a combination of Deacon Jones and Gino Marchetti.

Comment

He ain't no Marcus Smith

As a freshman, Barnett recorded 73 tackles, 20-1/2 tackles for loss and nine sacks. As a sophomore, he notched 69 tackles, 12-1/2 tackles for loss and 10 sacks. Last year, he totaled 56 tackles, 19 tackles for loss and 14 sacks. And 28 of his 33 sacks came against SEC competition.

3 solid years on the field, at the same position, Marcus Smith's college resume was nothing like this. No injury history or character problems, humble kid, hard worker, and from what R Diddy said, his football IQ and his approach to DE is well above most DEs coming out of college. He said most come to the NFL with one move that made them great in college, but Barnett has shown an ability to make a variety of moves and he never takes a play off. I think that once he gets on the field people will see why they went this way.
          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

r-diddy earlier this month:

8. Carolina Panthers - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee (6-3, 270)
            It would be nice if Barnett slid to, say, the 14th spot (he would be a great fit for the Eagles), but I don't see him getting past Ron Rivera, who needs to improve his pass rush.

14. Philadelphia Eagles - Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State (6-0, 195)
            His stock has risen with an excellent showing at the combine, which included a 4.44 in the 40. Solid package of size, speed and smarts. Good in press coverage, fluid in turn and transition. Lone weakness is tackling, where he needs to be more consistent. Day 1 starter.

What about Dalvin Cook? I still think Cook is the best running back in this class. As a combination runner and receiver, he is a better version of Warrick Dunn, another Florida State back who had a very good career. A month ago, I wrote a piece suggesting the Eagles use the 14th pick on Cook and draft secondary help later. That was all based on film study and my evaluation of him as a player. Since then, I've done more research on Cook's off the field troubles and I've changed my mind. There are just too many red flags for me.
            r-Diddy a few days ago:

14. EAGLES — Derek Barnett, defensive end, Tennessee
            This was my best-case scenario for the Eagles and with a few things breaking their way it now appears Barnett may be available at 14. It didn't seem likely even two weeks ago, but now it could happen, and to me, this would be an easy call for the Eagles. Jim Schwartz builds his defense around a strong pass rush from his front four and Barnett will improve that immediately.

Comment

Working...
            X