Drafting with Howie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting with Howie

You can count on one hand the number of Pro Bowls Eagles draftees have attended (Fletcher Cox 2, Jason Kelce 2, Nick Foles) since Roseman became general manager in 2010. The Cowboys, by comparison, have had 21 over that same span.
    Just listen to Joe. Please. Take all the credit you want, but listen.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...html?mobi=true
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

And no playoff wins under his watch
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

This

Originally posted by Loki View Post
      And no playoff wins under his watch
      is 1000X more important than stupid Pro Bowel shit.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        Just listen to Joe. Please. Take all the credit you want, but listen.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...html?mobi=true
        2010 was bad.
        2011 was a plane crashing into an orphanage level tragedy.
        2012 was okay.
        2013 was better.
        2014 was Chip. Fuck Chip.
        2015 was Chip. Fuck Chip.
        2016 looks pretty damn promising.

They need a really good impact draft now. If you're going to mortgage the future for a franchise QB, you have to surround him with talent and make the most of his early years. That's what Joe is for. But, not to go all Bobby UK here, but Howie has actually shown some signs of learning from his blunders. That's encouraging.

Comment

Why do you think he has no playoff wins?

Comment

The GREAT

Why do you think he has no playoff wins?
            Pro Bowl-filled Dallass roster has only one more playoff win IIRC.

Edit: the logic isn't there...Pro Bowl roster has little to do with playoff success.
            Last edited by Pete; 04-01-2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Does he really think people are being sincere when they say these things? I picture it in my head like the hotel lobby standing O Jerry McGuire got when he published his "less clients" manifesto than genuine "great job, dude!"

Lurie comes off as tourist who doesn't realize he's the poker table's chum for the sharks.

"When I'm talking to a lot of GMs here," Lurie said from the Biltmore Hotel, "I get a lot of congratulations about Carson, and I go, 'Aw, look, it's just one year.' But I get more talk about attracting Joe Douglas and Andy Weidl more than almost anything else.

Comment

Totally. No correlation between good players and playoff wins.

I'd say that Dallas team you reference has drafted itself into pretty good shape at qb, rb, and o line.

Comment

I agree

Totally. No correlation between good players and playoff wins.

I'd say that Dallas team you reference has drafted itself into pretty good shape at qb, rb, and o line.
                  that good players equals playoff wins.

You referenced the part of McLane's article that pointed out how great Dallass has been at drafting *Pro Bowl* players vs. how bad the Eagles have been. Dallass has nothing to show playoff-wise for all that allegedly great drafting and Pro Bowl accolades. They can't draft worth a shit on defense, and it looks like Dak is a diamond in the rough for them. Otherwise, their success is based upon only hitting on the o-line and Dez in Round 1 prior to Elliott at #4 last year, not necessarily a great picture of overall draft success.

Look at the Patriots. They had (up until 2015) ZERO Pro Bowl players drafted since 2010. So, to me Pro Bowl is not equal to "great drafting." That's really all I'm saying.

Comment

New England

You don't play in the Pro Bowl when your team is in the Super Bowl
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

They were not even selected

You don't play in the Pro Bowl when your team is in the Super Bowl
                      nm

Comment

7 Pats made all pro

Comment

And that's a much more reasonable argument

7 Pats made all pro
                          Then McLane using the Pro Bowl and the Dallass Cowboys' success in winning a popularity contest like the Pro Bowl to illustrate why Howie has sucked and why Howie/Douglas/Ped better start getting it right...

Comment

I don't really care what metric you use. There are plenty that'll tell you that good teams draft well and bad ones don't. That's really the point.

Comment

Working...
                            X