Opening Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day

Just in time for Flyers elimination day!

Phils have a lot of what-ifs, but they have a dangerous young team and staff. I think 80 wins is attainable. Need Franco to show some of his 1st year polish again.

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
    Just in time for Flyers elimination day!

Phils have a lot of what-ifs, but they have a dangerous young team and staff. I think 80 wins is attainable. Need Franco to show some of his 1st year polish again.
    I'm wondering if Matt Stairs will be able to get through to these guys.

Franco might never be a high walk guy...so it's going to be about his batting average. He reminds me a little of vlad guerrero.

Swings at everything and surprisingly doesn't strike out that much for being a free swinger. Struck out 106 times in 152 games...but considering how much he likes to swing, that's not a bunch. Just not a bunch of good contact last year.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

this team desperately needs plate discipline. If Herrera (who showed signs), Hernandez, Franco and Tojo really started working counts, they could be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        this team desperately needs plate discipline. If Herrera (who showed signs), Hernandez, Franco and Tojo really started working counts, they could be dangerous.
        They just swing at some shitty pitches and don't square up when they get a good one...or at least not good enough.

It's possible that they just might not be the players that they need (we'll find out). They had the leagues worst offense last year...can only go up from there.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
        X