Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
    Jets are a possibility as well imo
    Possible, but with all the holes they have, the players still available, and Forte still on the roster, RB would be a luxury for them at this point. But, they are the Jets, so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
      they need to trade up to just about 34...I never understood Lynch,,,,he had a great team, why leave the hags for the Raduzz??? guess that call in SB still haunts him.
      The amount of charity work he does in Oakland, especially for the youth of that city, is unparalleled. He loves his city and grew up loving the Raiders. I think it has more to do with fulfilling his dream of playing in silver and black in Oakland than it does the passing call in the Super Bowl.

If I had to guess, of all the Seahawks, Beast Mode was the one who got over that call faster than anyone.

Comment

I've read that the Packers love Mixon. Bengals too.

Whatever happens there should be a borderline 1st-round RB/CB available...
        They both worked out Cook, too. If both RBs are available, Cook probably gets the edge, just because of the PR.

Packers are almost as needy at DB as we are. And there's some terrific DB talent on the board. It's no lock they go RB there.

Bengals, on the other hand, yeah. I think it's a lock they do.
        Last edited by The Duck; 04-28-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          I'd probably go corner though. You have to.
          This. I can't believe how many people think they should wait till the third round or later to address cornerback.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I'd probably go corner though. You have to.
            I feel exactly the same way about RB. The thought of spending two 1's and two 2's on a franchise QB, then sending him out there with no semblance of a running game for two straight years is unimaginable to me. His running game at the moment consists of a 33 year old punt returner and a one-cut fifth round back.

I get the defense wins championships stuff, but at some point, not getting your franchise QB killed by exposing him to 50 drop-backs a game has to be a consideration. They need a back, and they have three first round talents at the position sitting there, including the most complete RB in the draft.

I have no problem taking three CBs the rest of the way, moving up in the third to get Teeze or Rasul Douglas, taking Kazee, Sutton, or Lewis in the 4th, Griffin or Cutrer in the fifth, whatever they have to do. I get the need. I just think protecting the QB with an actual running game is a slightly more pressing need with the 43rd pick.

Comment

It's hard to argue with this. I'm leaning toward toward going CB in round two, but sending Wentz out there with what he currently has at RB would be similar to what they did to him last year at WR. Maybe they can move up somehow or get an additional pick in the 3rd round. I'd trade Jordan Matthews if it would get them a good pick that would allow them to pick up a RB and two CB's tonight.
              Last edited by McCarthy12; 04-28-2017, 11:37 AM.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I'm really torn. I think Cook or Kamara would be good picks at 43 but I also think that King or Quincy Wilson would be fantastic picks there too.

In a perfect world, I'd root for King/Wilson at 43 and then Kareem Hunt at 99

Alternatively, I'm good with Cook/Kamara at 43 and then whatever CB falls to 99 (though I got to tell you I'm not sure guys like Fabian Moreau or Sidney Jones get there). If at all possible I'd look into trading up from 99 in the third.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  It's hard to argue with this. I'm leaning toward toward going CB in round two, but sending Wentz out there with what he currently has at RB would be similar to what they did to him last year at WR. Maybe they can move up somehow or get an additional pick in the 3rd round. I'd trade Jordan Matthews if it would get them a good pick that would allow them to pick up a RB and two CB's tonight.
                  Trading Matthews creates an immediate need in the slot. And I think Matthews' ceiling as far as trade value is similar to Jernigan's value. I'd hate to see them move him only to have to use that 3rd rounder on his replacement (someone like Kupp or Godwin).

If they could move Kendricks, Kelce, Barbre, or even Curry for positioning, that would be ideal. Not sure how far up the board any of those guys get them though.

Comment

I hope they go RB first but either way they really need to trade up from 99 back into the 2nd round or at least to the top of the 3rd. That 99 is a comp pick and basically a 4th.

If they get this right they could potentially come away with 3 day-1 starters...

Comment

I hope they go RB first but either way they really need to trade up from 99 back into the 2nd round or at least to the top of the 3rd. That 99 is a comp pick and basically a 4th.

If they get this right they could potentially come away with 3 day-1 starters...
                      I'd love to see it, but I don't see any ammo that gets them from 99 into the top 70.

Unless Howie thinks this year's day 2 is stronger than next year's day 2 will be, then he could use a 2018 third as part of a player/picks package.

Comment

I wouldn't touch the guy. Think he's off more boards than he's on. I don't think too many teams wanna deal with the PR nightmare that would accompany picking him. I know I wouldn't even consider him even as a UDFA

Can't get that footage out of my head.
                        Yeah, not interested, either. The punch was horrible. And he couldn't even handle getting a parking ticket.

If you can get in that much trouble in Oklahoma I don't want you hanging out in Old City.

Comment

Agreed. That's a big reason why i switched my pick from Barnett to Cook. Thought gettignwentz help would trump a DE. Also thought Barnett would go right before we/they were on the clock.
                          Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-28-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squire View Post
                            I'm really torn. I think Cook or Kamara would be good picks at 43 but I also think that King or Quincy Wilson would be fantastic picks there too.

Alternatively, I'm good with Cook/Kamara at 43 and then whatever CB falls to 99 (though I got to tell you I'm not sure guys like Fabian Moreau or Sidney Jones get there). If at all possible I'd look into trading up from 99 in the third.
                            The "good" thing is that with 10 teams ahead of them, those 4 players will likely either be gone...or only 1 will be left.

Comment

Originally posted by Squire View Post

I'm torn too. The tiebreaker for me is what's likely to be available at 99.

For running backs, you're down to Hunt and maybe Marlon Mack. I don't see another back who would be a good fit that's worth a third rounder.

For DB's, you have D King, Tabor, Witherspoon, Rasul Douglas, Corn Elder, Kazee, Cam Sutton, Howard Wilson, Shaq Griffin all with round three grades who could be there. It's not a stretch to think you're getting two, maybe even three of those guys with your third and fourth rounders.

I see the needs as pretty much equal. The number of available players strongly favors CB.

Comment

You have to think Douglas can find a late RB after getting Jordan howard in the 5th last year.

Easier to find a competent RB than CB. Now they just need to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X