• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headline on ESPN NFL - Why dallASS is overrated

Duh...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post

I was reading the headline below it about trading Shady to Oakland for a crack at Mariota.

Comment

That would be nuts

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
      I was reading the headline below it about trading Shady to Oakland for a crack at Mariota.
      I'm actually sold on Nick, and want Shady too, but Shady's cap number is pretty high next season.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
        I'm actually sold on Nick, and want Shady too, but Shady's cap number is pretty high next season.
        They had me up until teh 2nd round pick. RB's are the easiest position to draft in the NFL. I think Shady is in his prime and his production can only go down.

Comment

Yeah, to be honest, I started out really high on Nick, and maybe like him more for his personality and demeanor than his game, (at least his game this year).

But I CAN see Kelly's offense as unstoppable with a true running Wilson type QB, it just adds another dimension that they don't have right now.

I have always liked Shady, but as we have seen, in THIS O, with THESE players, other backs could be just as effective, so as you said, add in his upcoming cost and it does make you go, hhhmmmm.

Comment

If anyone thinks that trading McCoy is a good idea, they should punch themselves in the dick.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I'm not saying to trade Shady

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              If anyone thinks that trading McCoy is a good idea, they should punch themselves in the dick.
              So my dick is safe, however if they were going to trade Shady, his cap number would have to be the primary reason
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

The cap number is going to be high

So my dick is safe, however if they were going to trade Shady, his cap number would have to be the primary reason
                when you have the best damn running back in the NFL on your team.

Decades of Ratface has really rubbed off on you guys the wrong way. Shady still has at least a few more seasons left, as ELITE. Cashing in when he may very well still be in his prime is ridiculous!
                Last edited by ishimonster; 10-22-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

nah

not for a #1 RB
                  The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

I mean

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    not for a #1 RB
                    The dude is top 3 at his position. Those guys get paid. I'm not sure what people expect.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Again

I don't want him gone. I do not want him gone. I want shady to stay. I pray to God that he's not traded. I'm just saying that if there was any truth to that rumor, I think that his cap number would be the reason that the FO would entertain the idea of trading him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                        I saw that as well, if they pulled the trigger on that it would be 2 steps backwards, I think Mariotta is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                          I saw that as well, if they pulled the trigger on that it would be 2 steps backwards, I think Mariotta is overrated.
                          You think that because you don't know much about sports. Watch Marcus play, which I know you haven't, he's the total package.

As perfect as he'd be for the Eagles, and as good as they would be with him as their QB, it's not gonna happen. Teams value 1st rounders too much to trade one for Shady, as good as Shady is, especially when a franchise QB like Mariota is available.
                          Last edited by Sect 236; 10-22-2014, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Mariota has 1st rate college numbers but those in the know (I'm not) claim he really is a system guy. He'd need to be in an offense like Kelly's or he has high bust potential in the NFL. Same was said of Hundley of UCLA. It's not a guarantee that Mariota is going top 5 yet. Still has time to scare scouts, some of which aren't 100 percent sold on him anyway.

Comment

I got lost when they mentioned Brandon Bust Graham.

Comment

Working...
                              X