Foles is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
    According to the article Ells posted, it looks like the Eagles can subtract his next contract from their dead money on his current deal. Problem with that is he's a bum and probably won't be getting anything in FA. GG Howie.
    Have you seen what back ups are getting paid nowadays? Half of the league doesn't have a starter and think that your backup is better than what they currently have.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Foles

The deal is worth $11 million with $7 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-two-year-deal

Comment

Originally posted by #48 View Post
        The deal is worth $11 million with $7 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-two-year-deal
        Cap hit is something like 3.5 million a year
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Howie is playing fantasy football

Comment

Depending on what happens with Garoppolo maybe NE

as Brady's backup,,, might be a good landing place for Chase!
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Holy Mary Mother of God.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                Holy Mary Mother of God.
                Countdown to the Texans giving Daniel $18m/year...
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Daniel wants to start for somebody. Everybody has to have a dream!
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by ptrjr View Post
                    per twatter
                    Much improved backup over Daniels

Comment

I wonder if Chase threatened to tear the locker room apart if they didn't release him.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                        Have you seen what back ups are getting paid nowadays? Half of the league doesn't have a starter and think that your backup is better than what they currently have.

I agree, but then why hasn't the Contract King Howie been able to put something together and move the contract?

Comment

I think he wants to pick his team. Plus with the offset language, the better suitor he gets, the more money they pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                            I think he wants to pick his team. Plus with the offset language, the better suitor he gets, the more money they pick up.
                            I know, it just would have been great if they could have traded for a player of known quality rather than taking another stiff in the draft.

Comment

Nikki Sixx!!
                              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                                Holy Mary Mother of God.
                                It's not that bad of a contract, especially when the Eagles have fairly low money invested in QB as it is.

Wentz averages $6.7M/year - 25th in the league. Foles will average $5.5M/year - 29th in the league.

Wentz's cap hit is bout $6M this year, good for 28th. I doubt that Foles' will be higher than that (spotrac doesn't have it yet).

Overall, the Eagles rank 25th in 2017 cap dollars on QB's in the NFL, 22 on average cap dollars. That's only based on Wentz and Daniels I believe.

Things could be much worse.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/quarterback/
                                http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/...t/quarterback/
                                http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/quarterback/
                                Last edited by TerpEagle; 03-13-2017, 03:23 PM.
                                --
                                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                                X