X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    Lol ... lmfao ... bwahhhaaa ... wtf ... omg

EDITED TO ADD:

This is an email response I got from a Bears fan I do business with out there. This was 9 days ago when I asked him if the Eagles should go after Jeffrey:

"Regarding Alshon Jeffery : NO. And especially not for big bucks. He just doesn't have "it" that justifies a mega contract. He's good, but not a number 1 guy. And with all the drama that usually comes with a number 1 wide receiver, that drama only works if the guy is a true number 1 guy. Otherwise, the fans will hate him and he'll become a bum!"
    Well there you go. Some Bears fan friend of Slag's doesnt like Jeffrey.

Slag was the champion of Todd Pinkston and Riley Cooper. He clearly knows receiver talent.

What mega contract?
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

only two guys had 1400 yards last season. TY hilton led the league in yards, and i wouldn't even consider him a "true" number 1, if that status is limited to guys like julio jones and AJ green.

i do think it's possible that alshon flops. so then what happens? they move on. every WR is essentially on a one-year deal right now. they could even still draft a guy. i don't know who will pan out, but i like the strategy of seeing who emerges, keeping them, and moving on from the bums. much better than leaving wentz with matthews/agholor/DGB again. i won't prematurely evaluate this move based on howie's history, or care about how he spent someone else's money that doesn't do us any good if left unused.
      Last edited by art vandelay; 03-12-2017, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Another genius confusing defending Pinkston for being unfairly shit upon because he short armed a pass on MNF ... and suggesting that casting stones when you know in your heart that you have used or thought an ethnic insult ... makes me a "champion" of them as great players.
        Last edited by slag; 03-12-2017, 07:07 AM.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

A) Did I write that list was exclusive?

B) Are you suggesting the best receiver on each team is a number one?

Comment

I'm not necessarily limiting "true one" to 10 guys ... I haven't actually reviewed every team ... but, yes, I'm talking about a top 10 kind of player.

And I actually do trust some fans who watch players every game more than Greg Cosell.

Depends on the person.

The guy I know is like some of the people here who's opinions I trust.

Comment

I wasn't suggesting you have to get 1400 to be a one ... I was stating I'm not going to root for an Eagle to fail.

Comment

I think he's like Maclin or Garcon ... if they're ones then I guess he's a one.

Is Julian Edelman a one?

Wes Welker?

Comment

Bwhahaha

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                  I went back to see if that was the guys email!

Comment

A) Did I write that list was exclusive?

B) Are you suggesting the best receiver on each team is a number one?
                    Ok, how many are there?
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

I think he's like Maclin or Garcon ...
                      When this team picks up a player, I prefer to check the other teams message boards. They are reacting the same way the fans reacted when Maclin left here. It sounds like the sentiment is they aren't really happy about it.

As far as him being a number one, I think it's just semantics. Also, when Cutler was throwing to him last season, he was a number one. When it was Hoyer and Barkley, not so much.

Comment

My Bear guy said he's a good player ... I don't disagree.

Comment

Comment

My Bear guy said he's a good player ... I don't disagree.
                            Yep, so did mine. Said he will definitely be a Top 20, and possibly a Top 10, WR with a quality QB slinging the ball to him this season.

Comment

I think he's like Maclin or Garcon ... if they're ones then I guess he's a one.

Is Julian Edelman a one?

Wes Welker?
                              Okay. You think he's a good, second-tier receiver. I think a one-year prove it deal will go a long way toward answering this question. If he's no more than a Maclin or Garçon (both good, not great), they won't be using the franchise tag or negotiating a long term deal at top-tier WR numbers.

The deal he got, at the number he got, I'm totally fine with.

Comment

Another genius confusing defending Pinkston for being unfairly shit upon because he short armed a pass on MNF ... and suggesting that casting stones when you know in your heart that you have used or thought an ethnic insult ... makes me a "champion" of them as great players.
                                Nah, you went far beyond Social Justice Warrior for Pinkston and Cooper. You defended their football value. If Riley Cooper with his 169 career receptions was worth 4M annually, Jeffrey should be getting 50M.

95 percent of people like the WR moves. Upgrades the Eagles from the worst WR group in the league to above average and gives them greater draft flexibility. They had to have actual NFL talent at WR to keep developing Wentz and they got it. But you, your Bears friend and Smegma are butt hurt for some reason.

I'd say this is really all about your grudge against Howie. You refuse to give him any credit. Get over High School Harry already.
                                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X