T.O.'s feud with McNabb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.O.'s feud with McNabb

Owens told his side of the story to Skip Bayless in an interview today.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/terrell-o...is-side-of-it/
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

yea this shouldn't be one sided

bayless and Owens!

OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Yeah, especially with a POS cowboy fan like skippy!
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I doubt either party was totally innocent. Two head cases with large egos.

I love TO, and he absolutely should have been a first ballot HOF'er (in fact, I called into sports radio for the only time in my life because I was so annoyed listening to this HOF voter say why he didn't vote for him) but he's doing himself a disservice by going on the air and complaining and wearing that bootleg HOF jacket. I wish he would just chill out.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

yeah, some of this is on donovan, but i think TO still looks worse.

no new info here from TO. his QB told him to shut the F up in a game that they won 27-6. i think this story first surfaced in 05-06. until then, people thought the feud started with TO's holdout, and culminated in him saying we would have been undefeated with brett favre (who was busy throwing like 27 picks that season). pretty much every former player laughed at TO's reaction to being told to shut the F up. takes some very thin skin for a feud to develop over that.

i think it's interesting how much he loves andy reid.

Comment

Ha - I forgot about the Brett Favre comment. TO is every bit as thin-skinned as DMac. Maybe more, I don't know. That's why that situation was bound to be a disaster. Two sensitive, thin-skinned guys butting heads.

My problem with DMac is that he was the leader of that team. It's his job to be the bigger man and manage the personalities. Ultimately that's on Reid as the head coach but I'm just talking about the players in the locker room. I always got the impression Donovan was too concerned with Donovan to handle that responsibility. He couldn't deal with another big personality alpha on the team.

Comment

That's a great point. Owens has a childlike demeanor and he needs to be handled in a way that McNabb couldn't figure out. Or he just refused. Either way, it was a lethal combination of personalities, which makes it even more of a shame.

Comment

I think there's also potentially a mental illness factor with TO. Remember the whole suicide incident? I wouldn't expect McNabb to deal with that, but I think he could have done a better job, generally, dealing with him.

Comment

i think donovan tried too hard to be the bigger man. taking the high road ended up just coming off as passive-aggressive. no one thought he was a headcase before 05 though. dude used to be hilarious. then he started trying too hard to be funny, and wearing t-shirts that said things like "jealousy will get you nowhere."

donovan could have handled this better. but none of this would have ever happened if not for, as you said it, the mental illness factor with TO.

Comment

True. But another social misfit had

a hand in what went down: Joe Banner

As with Trotter, Joe couldn't deal with an uppity player.
                    Especially if it F'd with his first love: the salary cap
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Reality

Donovan was LIVID over the TO chants.
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                        Donovan was LIVID over the TO chants.
                        I agree. Having been at the games when the TO chants were going on I have to agree that was a major factor. Bigly.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                        X