No announcement yet.

Cook was in Philly this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WE'RE ON THE SAME PAGE. RUNNING BACK ONE, CORNER IN SECOND, MAYBE ANOTHER IN THE THIRD, THEN BOLSTER THE OFFENSIVE AND D LINES.

MAYBE A FLYER LATE ROUNDS IF ANOTHER BACK LOOKS LIKE YA MIGHT WANT TO TAKE A SHOT AT.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I would not take ONE GODDAMED RB in the first, defense or Williams period!
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

BPA @ 14 IMO. My question is who the BPA will be.

You can find a serviceable RB in later rounds.

Eagles need CBs. A serviceable CB should be available in later rounds.

Eagles also need a young WR, with their starters on one year deals.

Bottom line, they need a strong draft through every round, which is something they have not had in many years. BPA
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
          I would not take ONE GODDAMED RB in the first, defense or Williams period!
          THIS TEAM NEEDS A RUN GAME, A STUD RUNNING BACK, TO SET UP THE PASS GAME.

DEVILDAMNIT.

Comment

We need defense much much more then any rb
            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              Marshawn Lynch in 2013.Joseph Addai in 2006, Jamal Lewis in 2000. I wouldn't say any of them "carried" their teams, but they were integral parts of championship teams.
              I would have to say the defenses carried two of those teams. You can find the 'next Joseph Addai' in the later rounds.

Comment

Are there any CBs left worth considering in FA?

I know they are tapped out salary cap wise, but I wanted them to sign a cheap and available guy there if only to give more options draft time.
                --------

Comment

sure, but defense is half a team. RB is 1/53. there are as many cases of an offense carrying a team to a title as defense, and plenty of late-round picks on each side. plenty of good organizations(pats, steelers, giants) have gone RB in round one since the RB position become de-valued - which was a long time ago.

RB is the position that most easily translates from college to the pros, but there are busts at every position. i won't write the eagles off as a "bad" team if they draft cook - i'd prefer that over another bust on the DL.

Comment

Be that as it may, defenses tend to play better when they aren't on the field a lot and when they're playing with a lead ... which a tip top RB helps to provide.

I don't give a fuck who they draft in the first round if the guy turns out to be worthy of the pick ... they need help everywhere.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Each year, more teams are going to running back-by-committee (Ex: The best two teams in the NFL this year**). The position is one the quickest declining assets in the NFL. Look at free agency this year. Adrian Peterson, LeGarrette Blount and Jamaal Charles are still available. Latavius Murray was signed for $5m per. Eddie Lacy was signed for $4.5 for one year. If you draft the correct lineman, you can have that player for well over a decade. The ceiling for a running back is much lower. Sure, there are exceptions to every rule.

If the Eagles had a late first round pick, they may be able to splurge for a running back. At #14, they need to fill the holes they have on defense. If Derek Barnett, Taco Charlton, or Marlon Humphrey drops, that makes more sense. I've mentioned this before but the one thing this team knows how to do is find a running back in the later rounds. Alvin Kamara? Joe Douglas drafted Jordan Howard in the fifth round last year. I'm thinking his 1,313 yards (5.2 yards per carry) would have translated even higher in Dallas.

LeGarrette Blount – Undrafted
                      Dion Lewis-Fifth Round (Let's not forget who drafted this guy)
                      James White-Fourth Round
                      Devonta Freeman-Fourth Round
                      Tevin Coleman-Third Round
                      Last edited by Snakebitten; 03-18-2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

WHO IS GONNA BE RUNNING BACK? SPROLES AT 33, 34 Y.O., MATTHEWS CAPT FUMBLE, WATSON, I LIKE BARNER BUT NOT AN EVERY DOWN BACK. SMALLWOOD?
                        A TIRED DEFENSE, AT THE END OF A GAME WILL LOSE YOU THAT GAME.

A GOOD RUN GAME WILL SET UP A PASS GAME AND CONTROL THE CLOCK, THEREFORE KEEPING THE DEFENSE OFF THE FIELD SO THEY ARE NOT HUNCHED OVER WINDED IN THE 4th QUARTER.

LIKE I SAID, WE ARE ALL SOFA G.M'S.

GO-D NEXT FEW ROUNDS FOR CORNERS.

THE DEFENSE RESTS. HA NOW THAT'S FUNNY.

Comment

My biggest issue

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          A good team would have drafted Jalen Ramsey (maybe DeForest Buckner) in the first and Derrick Henry in the second. I'm not so sure Ezekiel Elliott would be putting up those numbers in Jacksonville versus the best offensive line in football. Let's not forget, Todd Gurley was the next big thing a year ago.

You can have a Calvin Johnson or a Barry Sanders but if you're surrounded with Lions, you aren't winning it all.

When was the last time a first-round running back carried a team to a Lombardi? It's been awhile and it doesn't happen often.
                          Is that we all know the needs are huge on defense, and there are offensive players available later in the draft. However, until Howie and Douglas prove that *together* they can make strong picks, then I think all moves should be on the table.

So if Fournette makes it to 5, and they think they can wait on a CB or DE until round 2 (and trade a later pick for a CB like Chicago's Fuller), AND they have Fournette rated at an AP level, it might make sense this year to make a move. Eckel (I know, I know) has suggested they trade to 5 with Titans and include 2018 extra picks they have to avoid giving up their #2...

Personally, I'd prefer that they stay put or move back a little (gain an extra 2 or 3?), draft Tre'Davious White and maybe get a Jordan Willis and another CB in round 2.

Comment

Does Fournette fit this offense? I would think they would go after the back that catches the ball out of the backfield. I don't see him as that guy. I wouldn't even think about moving up to draft him. No way.

Comment

Using a 33 year old punt returner as a feature back doesn't do you defense (or you second year franchise QB) any favors. This team needs two running backs in the draft, one early, one late. If you want to trade down, pick up extra picks and take Mixon in the second, that's fine, I'm down with that.

I'd also take a WR somewhere. Every other pick would be defense.
                              Last edited by The Duck; 03-18-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                                Using a 33 year old punt returner as a feature back doesn't do you defense (or you second year franchise QB) any favors. This team needs two running backs in the draft, one early, one late. If you want to trade down, pick up extra picks and take Mixon in the second, that's fine, I'm down with that.

I'd also take a WR somewhere. Every other pick would be defense.
                                OL is a need as well. IMO.
                                --------

Comment

Working...
                                X