Barner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barner

A turd on an otherwise very bright night.

I’ve held off on going all “Joe joe the Indian circus boy with his pretty new pet” about Wentz for as long as I can.

but, after what he did last night in those conditions I’m finally 100% sure he is elite and will only continue to get better every single week. We got the right guy to finally end this SB drought. Going from Sam Bradford to this is like going from a trailer park to ocean front property in Malibu.

That kid has the makeup you need to win multiple titles at this level.

Pocket presence: check
    Leadership: off the charts
    Comes through in the clutch
    Running ability: amazing
    Spreads the ball around and everybody gets looks
    Stays calm with chaos surrounding him.
    Competitive drive and ability to will team to win is phenomenal
    Every 4th and 1 is a guaranteed first down on a qb keeper.
    Audibles into better plays based on reading defense at LOS
    Elevates the play of the skill position guys
    Rejuvenated Jagholars career

Just needs to keep working on deep balls and avoiding some of the hits he takes on because he doesn’t give up on plays. But I’d never change the aggressive nature that he plays with.

Thanks again, Cleveland!
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-13-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      A turd on an otherwise very bright night.
      Someone brought up a good point last night. He had a very good week returning and wasn't quite ready for an offensive role. I'm not sure why Doug decided to throw him in there so much instead of Clement. I think Barner will still be the best option in the return game
      Last edited by Ground_Meat; 10-13-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I want to see the Wentz 2 minute drill down the field a la Rodgers last week in Dallas. I can't imagine having the QB where you feel better down 5 with 1:30 to go than trusting your defense.

Comment

No more trying to stand up linebackers.

But yeah, totally agree. He's got "it." We are lucky.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
            I’ve held off on going all “Joe joe the Indian circus boy with his pretty new pet” about Wentz for as long as I can.

but, after what he did last night in those conditions I’m finally 100% sure he is elite and will only continue to get better every single week. We got the right guy to finally end this SB drought. Going from Sam Bradford to this is like going from a trailer park to ocean front property in Malibu.
            No love for Dougie?
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

You mean the guy who kept calling plays for the turd who's the original focus of the thread?
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You kiddin me RSE? Who else (we) gonna stick back there?

Comment

I think he's referring to him as a running back.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Didn’t he already do that?

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                    I want to see the Wentz 2 minute drill down the field a la Rodgers last week in Dallas. I can't imagine having the QB where you feel better down 5 with 1:30 to go than trusting your defense.
                    Last year in Baltimore when they lost by going for 2 with seconds remaining?

Or twice in the Giants game in the last 5 minutes this year?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post

Really, what we need to see is to see Wentz in the post season.

That is what really matters.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

And there are some of us Board members that if the NoDak goes another 10 years. he must win a SB, or else, another 5 years development after that, we may not be around.
                        Also for Lurie.
                        I see a SB win in this time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post

IIRC, he needed to get a 2 point conversion in Baltimore and came up short.

The Giants game was Carson's first game-ending clutch drive that ended in a win. The pass to Alshon that set it up was a big-time money throw.

Sometimes you just have to get the first one out of the way. Once you know you can do it, you know you can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            You mean the guy who kept calling plays for the turd who's the original focus of the thread?
                            You missed 2.8 ypc Clement? Would have been dumb not to give Barner a shot.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Maybe I did a poor job describing it. But I want the other team to have the feeling of impending doom like Dallas last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X