THE GREAT LES BOWEN backs up MANIAC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
    I'm not equating Kelly and Reid. I'm equating you and Reid in your seeming disregard for the importance of quality WRs.

You, on the other hand, seem to be equating Maclin and Thrash....which is crazy.
    Reid drafted Maclin. Thrash was better than Cooper. You're not making much sense.

All the evidence so far is that nearly any receiver can thrive under Kelly.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Not that its any relevance to Maclin, but I can believe that the Thrash in his prime would be better than Cooper in this offense.

Comment

I'm wondering

How good would Pinkston be in this offense?
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          You say Maclin is the key. I say the QB and the coach are.

I let Maclin walk if he wants the mint. You say sign him at any price.

Significant differences.

Hell, you probably thought Riley Cooper was a good signing.
          Of course the QB and coach are the key. They're the key to every team. But I fail to see what Cooper has to do with extending Maclin. Cooper caught 5 of his 8 TDs in 2 games last season, and was the lucky recipient of Foles's deep throws. He has never caught more than 5 passes in a game. Maclin has been posting big games since 2010 and it's only taken him 8 games this year to produce what Cooper did in the entire 2013 season. He also doesn't have DeSean Jackson opening things up for him. There is no way a Maclin extension would work out like Cooper's.

Comment

Thrash could have caught 90 balls in this offense.
            With your opinion what would Freddy Mitchell be in this system? TO

Comment

He would be better than Billy McMullen in this offense. But not as good as Na Brown or Torrance Small.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                How good would Pinkston be in this offense?
                Can't block. Wouldn't see the field.

Harold Carmichael, though? 150 catches. 2000 yards. 50+ TDs. With the right QB of course.

Comment

This thread is typical igglephans hilarity. Thanks for this. Made my morning.

Comment

There is no way a Maclin extension would work out like Cooper's.
                    So you think it would be impossible to overpay Maclin?

Comment

Just what I told you. WR is not important. QB is.

And by the way ...

Don't make the same kind of mistake with Maclin. Pay him average money or let him go.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._HALF_BAD.html
                      He backed up your opinion that Cooper is overpaid? Cooper was 19th in DYAR and 13th in DVOA last year. I have a link.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2013

His average salary per year for his contract puts him at 32nd in the NFL. I have a link again.

http://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

I'm surprised that you weren't insisting he get paid more in the off-season based on FO's analysis. Now you think he's overrated for his pay? Dude, if you're going to pick a statistical analysis to hang you hat on why not stick with it through thick and thin?
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Torrance Small and Na Brown

Would get stupid numbers in this offense.
                        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I suspect Matthews, Cooper, Huff and a draft pick would be fine at WR.

It's all about the QB.
                          This is the craziest statement in the thread for me...Though all of it hurt my head. I would be happy to never see Huff again...Every time he steps on the field something bad happens. None of those guys can stretch the field either.

Comment

Now this is some quality use of suspect stats in a vacuum to attack the use of suspect stats in a vacuum.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

So you think it would be impossible to overpay Maclin?
                              Impossible to overpay? No.

But impossible that Maclin would turn out to be no better than a 4th receiver who had never even caught more than 5 passes in a game? Yes.

Receivers have to catch the ball. If receivers automatically posted huge numbers in this offense, Cooper wouldn't suck.

Comment

Only a moron would base a long term contract on one season. Apparently that's you.

Comment

Working...
                                X