Eagles have a history of Playing well with a backup Qb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles have a history of Playing well with a backup Qb

is the only solace I have at this point. 6-2 should be happy right.

They have some talent, one more draft,,and damm well get it right ,,defense defense defense.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

I'm not giving up on this season yet.

If this team makes the playoffs with Sanchez, it's possible that Foles could be back by then, if the link about comparable injuries posted in another thread is to be believed.

At that point, Sanchez has either proven he's better than Foles, and our team is better prepared to make run. Or Sanchez hasn't stolen the job, Foles comes back behind a healthier line, and we're still a slightly better team than the one that earned a 6-2 record.

They've been winning despite Foles, I don't see how Sanchez could be much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

They have some talent, one more draft,,and damm well get it right ,,defense defense defense.

Honestly, I think they will be fine, somehow some way they will get it done, to have all of the key injuries this group has had this year and still be leading the Div. at 6-2 speaks as much about the system as it does the players, NOT saying you don't need talent, but they have done well.

For all of the pissing, moaning, and bitching that goes on in here the funny part is, this club was only 3 yards from being 8-0!

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

I don't look at Sanchez as being a backup, I see him as a mediocre to low quality NFL starter, as he showed with the Jets. That's basically what Foles has been this year so I don't expect too much of a change.

The big question is if Kelly's system will make a difference for Sanchez. It's not guaranteed he will thrive in it.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I think he's a little better than that

Not much better, but better than your stated mediocre-to-low quality range.

What I really like about him is he has known how to win since college. He really got into a bad situation with the Jet-bags and it affected him mentally. I think he's going to benefit from the change of scenery and playing under Chip Kelly.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

The Jets are a train wreck organization

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            I don't look at Sanchez as being a backup, I see him as a mediocre to low quality NFL starter, as he showed with the Jets. That's basically what Foles has been this year so I don't expect too much of a change.

The big question is if Kelly's system will make a difference for Sanchez. It's not guaranteed he will thrive in it.
            And the FO was even during the better years....Sanchez dealt with a lot of upheaval so it's hard IMO to get a real idea what he is capable of with a stable situation.

He could be pretty good...or nothing more than average...either way wouldn't surprise me.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
              And the FO was even during the better years....Sanchez dealt with a lot of upheaval so it's hard IMO to get a real idea what he is capable of with a stable situation.

He could be pretty good...or nothing more than average...either way wouldn't surprise me.
              I don't know. I saw him play in a lot of Jets games. At times he'd look decent and then he'd turn around and make a couple of boneheaded decisions. 71.9 career passer rating.

For comparison Foles' rating was 81.5 this year and 71.9 his first year. So I don't see much of a change.
              --------

Comment

There were times at the end of his tenure with the Jets where I thought he was the worst quarterback I had ever seen. My hope is that that was just him at the end of the rope in a bad situation. He's not Joe Montana, but, if he can be decent and limit mistakes they'll be in no worse shape than they were with Foles, given how he was playing.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

was not a guy you ask to win the game.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    was not a guy you ask to win the game.
                    That's one thing I'll say about Foles-- he has shown the ability to lead the team on long drives late in the game. I guess now we will see if that is an inherent result of playing in Kelly's system.
                    --------

Comment

I don't get all this day-trading on the quarterback bullshit.

But that's because I'm old school enough to remember when second year qb's were not called "over" during a bad stretch.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Hey, we want a winner

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        I don't get all this day-trading on the quarterback bullshit.

But that's because I'm old school enough to remember when second year qb's were not called "over" during a bad stretch.
                        And we want it now!! Not next season, shorten up the learning curve, get with the program.

Development time, that's for sissies and poor prepared people!!
                        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I agree with you. I'm looking forward to his third year. The old cliche of sophomore slump.

Comment

IE thats a Halariouse but very Accurate statement

"a mediocre to low quality NFL starter"

One thing he did have in NY was a defense......"tumble weed blows by>>>

we do have a running game and 3 good TE's....He can win 5 games..Now we wait and see. Sanchez Gets to prepare as a starter.
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

Kelly's franchise QB isn't on the roster yet. Half of his Oregon playbook is off the table because the guys he has at QB can't execute those plays. Vick wasn't smart enough or he would have stayed. Kelly needs a guy who can truly run the read/option where there actually is a threat that he options to himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X