Chip and "culture"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip and "culture"

For the record, Chip's widely praised comment is not his own. Think tanker Peter Drucker is the originator and said "Culture eats strategy for breakfast." This is widely quoted in leadership training and professional workshops. It is a brilliant summary of a workplace or team dynamic which is often misunderstood by leaders. It's also one of my favorite quotations.

Chip's modification proves he is well read or perhaps that he has taken a class or two, but it is not original.

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
    For the record, Chip's widely praised comment is not his own. Think tanker Peter Drucker is the originator and said "Culture eats strategy for breakfast." This is widely quoted in leadership training and professional workshops. It is a brilliant summary of a workplace or team dynamic which is often misunderstood by leaders. It's also one of my favorite quotations.

Chip's modification proves he is well read or perhaps that he has taken a class or two, but it is not original.
    I know a guy who walks the dog of the guy who cuts the grass of a guy who coaches high school football that said he's heard that saying since at least 1971.

Comment

It's fucking football! Talent trumps everything. Always has. Always will.

Comment

So what? Does he claim he invented the concept?

Interesting read

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregsate...ch-chip-kelly/
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
          I don't see 6-2 talent on the Eagles. Casey Matthews is the same chump he always was. Its system and coaching. Culture only means finding players who will drink the kool-aid.

The difference is some talent - Barwin, Sproles, Parkey, Maragos - but mostly Kelly. If he switched places with Jay Gruden, the records would flip.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
            Exactly. Just like all the Cowboys teams of the early 2010s who had the most talented roster and won championship after championship after championship.

Shut up Ref, you're constantly wrong.
            Last edited by Sect 236; 11-11-2014, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Sproles is done - big mistake signing him!

signed, La Ref
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                signed, La Ref
                "Chip is shortening the career of every player by using RC cars!!!!!" -La Ref

Cut to week 10 when every veteran says they feel the best they ever have this late in the season.

You would think eventually Ref would get tired of being so dead wrong all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  "Chip is shortening the career of every player by using RC cars!!!!!" -La Ref

Cut to week 10 when every veteran says they feel the best they ever have this late in the season.

You would think eventually Ref would get tired of being so dead wrong all the time.

Sooo, Ref is related to PSU?

Come to think of it, I have yet to see them both in the same place at the same time, hmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                  X