I will admit it could be one of those games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will admit it could be one of those games

I'll never forget the 2004 Eagles laid a major turd against the Steelers, but pretty much dominated the rest of the year except for the SB.

But something about this team gives me less confidence than the 2004 Eagles did.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I can still see Hines Ward doing the bird dance

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    I'll never forget the 2004 Eagles laid a major turd against the Steelers, but pretty much dominated the rest of the year except for the SB.

But something about this team gives me less confidence than the 2004 Eagles did.
    in the endzone. I still have nightmares about that game.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

That 2004 team was 5 or 6 years in the making.

This team was ass two years ago.

Im not too pissed.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

OK...but is there anything about this defense

against good teams that gives you confidence...not me.

Comment

Uh ... I guess your question to me on the ride home was answered.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Just a bad game, against a good team at their house, not to mention the non-calls, who knows, if they call that H2H on the QB they get 15 yds and a 1st, who knows what happens from there.

Comment

Cody Parkey has 3 FGs instead of two.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                It's called talent. In 2004, you knew the Eagles were as talented as anybody. That Steelers game was an anomaly. This game is what happens when they play truly talented teams. They're good enough to beat Dallas and Wash and the Giants but they can't play with the big boys yet. Not consistently.

Comment

That something is the defense.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Happens every year every team in NFL . More or less perfect time of year to "lay a turd" in Philly speak we all knew it was eventually comin. Good time of year to get that one outta the way

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                      It's called talent. In 2004, you knew the Eagles were as talented as anybody. That Steelers game was an anomaly. This game is what happens when they play truly talented teams. They're good enough to beat Dallas and Wash and the Giants but they can't play with the big boys yet. Not consistently.
                      Nobody knows about "playing" with big boys better than you.

Comment

agree with this post 100%

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                        That 2004 team was 5 or 6 years in the making.

This team was ass two years ago.

Im not too pissed.
                        Need to remember how awful this defense was that FF left behind. People got spoiled by last years unexpected success. This team was Oakland bad not too long ago
                        You think its a joke!?!

Comment

Nah there was talent in 2012 but the team quit on fat fuck
                          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Working...
                          X