Hurray for gun nuts!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
    Sorry, but I guess I just have a hard on for thieves, maybe because I have had things near and dear to me stolen.

As far as escalating the situation? How about never starting the situation?
    You've have things stolen from you where are worth the life of a human?

I'm not saying the thieves weren't in the wrong, but the vigilante didn't help things. He likely made them worse. Someone dying is worse than two thieves stealing money from a bank.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
      You've have things stolen from you where are worth the life of a human?

I'm not saying the thieves weren't in the wrong, but the vigilante didn't help things. He likely made them worse. Someone dying is worse than two thieves stealing money from a bank.

For someone to steal what is not rightfully theirs shows a lack of respect and a total disregard of the law.

Quite frankly, I don't see how the money (or anything else) being insured even plays into it.

The bottom line is you do something that stupid, then whatever happens, happens, whether the punishment fits the crime or not.

Innocent people die every day from things that are out of their control, criminals ALWAYS have an option, that being, don't do it!

Maybe I'm just a hard ass.

Comment

For someone to steal what is not rightfully theirs shows a lack of respect and a total disregard of the law.

Quite frankly, I don't see how the money (or anything else) being insured even plays into it.

The bottom line is you do something that stupid, then whatever happens, happens, whether the punishment fits the crime or not.

Innocent people die every day from things that are out of their control, criminals ALWAYS have an option, that being, don't do it!

Maybe I'm just a hard ass.
        Insured/replaceable or not - theft doesn't require a death sentence. At least not in my opinion.

If someone were to break into my home, I'd rather they steal something and leave without incident than to get into a confrontation where either of us ends up killed.

Nothing that I own is that valuable.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

Insured/replaceable or not - theft doesn't require a death sentence. At least not in my opinion.

If someone were to break into my home, I'd rather they steal something and leave without incident than to get into a confrontation where either of us ends up killed.

Nothing that I own is that valuable.

Ok, and what if your not home and they decide to rape your wife or sodomize your child while they are looking for things to steal, still good with that?

I would rather draw the line at respect my valuables (whether they be material or those close to me) rather than "it's ok to break into my home and take this and that but don't rape my wife?

As I said, maybe I'm just a hard ass, theft to me is wrong on all levels.

Comment

Ok, and what if your not home and they decide to rape your wife or sodomize your child while they are looking for things to steal, still good with that?

I would rather draw the line at respect my valuables (whether they be material or those close to me) rather than "it's ok to break into my home and take this and that but don't rape my wife?

As I said, maybe I'm just a hard ass, theft to me is wrong on all levels.
            So, first of all, if I'm not home how am I personally going to intervene and stop the break in possibly through lethal force?

Secondly, I was talking about theft and how I don't see a death sentence as the proper reaction.

If you want to discuss other transgressions and appropriate response fine, but that's not what was originally be discussed. I didn't think you'd take simple theft and escalate it into some grim fantasy.

And yes, if I'm given the choice of someone stealing my stuff vs. assaulting me or a family member OR me having to end their life - they're more than welcome to have my stuff. It's just stuff.

I don't condone theft but it's not worth someone dying over. I don't condone people not using their turn signal. I don't condone factories dumping waste into water sources. I don't condone having my phone tapped. I don't condone spammers flooding my email. I don't condone computer viruses. There are lots of things that I think are wrong on all levels. But very few warrant a lethal response.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

So, first of all, if I'm not home how am I personally going to intervene and stop the break in possibly through lethal force?

Secondly, I was talking about theft and how I don't see a death sentence as the proper reaction.

If you want to discuss other transgressions and appropriate response fine, but that's not what was originally be discussed. I didn't think you'd take simple theft and escalate it into some grim fantasy.

And yes, if I'm given the choice of someone stealing my stuff vs. assaulting me or a family member OR me having to end their life - they're more than welcome to have my stuff. It's just stuff.

I don't condone theft but it's not worth someone dying over. I don't condone people not using their turn signal. I don't condone factories dumping waste into water sources. I don't condone having my phone tapped. I don't condone spammers flooding my email. I don't condone computer viruses. There are lots of things that I think are wrong on all levels. But very few warrant a lethal response.

I was pretty sure this incident we were discussing was MORE than theft, when the thief was caught red handed HE escalated it by pointing HIS gun at the gun carrying citizen, right?

Or was it a cigar lighter disguised as a gun and he was offering to light him up?

If he had no intention of shooting anyone then why did he have a gun? The thief that might break into your house may have only wanted to steal something, you don't know that doesn't change once he's inside, you sure assume a lot.

Comment

I was pretty sure this incident we were discussing was MORE than theft, when the thief was caught red handed HE escalated it by pointing HIS gun at the gun carrying citizen, right?

Or was it a cigar lighter disguised as a gun and he was offering to light him up?

If he had no intention of shooting anyone then why did he have a gun? The thief that might break into your house may have only wanted to steal something, you don't know that doesn't change once he's inside, you sure assume a lot.
                It was armed robbery until the thieves determined they didn't have their keys, then it escalated into car-jacking.

And, I believe the armed citizen actually pointed HIS gun at the thieves. Couldn't that be considered a threat?

---
                The robbers saw a man getting out of a Chevrolet Silverado pickup and decided to steal his vehicle. Jones pointed his handgun at the pickup's driver -- and Quaid, apparently standing nearby, drew his own gun from a holster and told the pair to stop.

Cherry turned and aimed at Quaid, who fired his gun.
                ---

So, some random guy draws his gun at someone and in response the thief aims back. Hmmm, what a shocking response.

And, given your logic, if the citizen had no intention of shooting anyone - why did he have gun? Why does anyone gave a gun in that's the case? Can I assume that everyone who carries a gun intends to shoot someone?

The bank robbers left the bank without violence until they found they had no keys so up to the point of where the hero got involved, it was only a robbery.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                X