Hey tech guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey tech guys

What is the best program to edit PDF files??
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

take your pick

I've used Acrobat. but it can be pricey.

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0...type=downloads
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Acrobat is great. Do not download from cnet download.com. Full of trojans.
      It IS About Me Asshole
      -----------------------
      Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

PDF Expert

$10 but pretty badass

Comment

$10?? Perfect. I need it to have a "whiteout" feature. Don't want to spend $100+ for something I am prob only going to use this one time.

Robin Williams

Comment

I have Adobe Pro full at work. If it isn't PII and you're comfortable sending the documents, you can e-mail them to me and I can whiteout whatever you want for free.

Comment

A free option...

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
              $10?? Perfect. I need it to have a "whiteout" feature. Don't want to spend $100+ for something I am prob only going to use this one time.
              You could try PDF Xchange Viewer. It's free and great for marking up existing documents, though using some of the features aren't super intuitive.

If you're looking for a "whiteout" feature it'll let you draw a white rectangle, which should accomplish what you're looking for.

Comment

Thanks. I am going to try it here and if I am not successful I will send you a PM.

Robin Williams

Comment

On my old laptop I used open office because of the price, fee. If you want to try it here is a tutorial on how to edit pdf files. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTkf2ciZzuM

Comment

PDFescape

is easy and free

Comment

I've had mixed results with the white rectangle thing. We tested the technique when trying to update logos on a few thousand documents. It might be improved in the last couple of years, but I remember that sometimes the layers got jumbled and the display and print versions did goofy things (like having the rectangle disappear).

Comment

Depends on how sensitive this info is :D

If its just to keep it from your mistress, no biggie
                        But if its more important than that - be wary, there are a few tools that can "see" under the white box

Adobe has a free trial on XI and that includes the redaction tool

http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...redaction.html

Comment

Working...
                        X