Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first of 3 marathon challenges has been met!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first of 3 marathon challenges has been met!!!

It wasn’t my best time—6.33–I lost a lot of time on the hills. They went on FOREVER in Brighton. For dinner I went to a place called JB’s American Diner. It was decked out in 50a-60s
    decor. I had a Philadelphia dog—it had cream cheese and sautéed onions; I passed on the jalapeños. It turned out it was kielbasa.

Next Sunday is The London Marathon.

Congrats! You are pretty ambitious. Best wishes!

And extra kudos for putting the ñ in jalapeño correctly.

Hope to see you on opening day.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

London Marathon complete in 7.15.Very very hot—up in the high 80a low 90s, and dealing with a twisted knee that happened between miles 3-4. I ran on it until mile 9. The pain was so great I wound up walking the last 17.2 miles.

Next is Edinburgh May 27.

Comment

Brutal.

Comment

That is brutal

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
          Brutal.
          You still running? I have zero interest in long distance running but just did 2 races the last 2 weeks. 10K and 5K - that's enough for me. Got an age group 1st place medal in the 10K, yesterday's 5K my gps froze right before the race started so I was running blind, plus hoards of chumps didn't line up properly so spent the first 1/2 mile fighting thru them. Blew the 1st mile and couldn't catch up after that.
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Assume you train alot for these things

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
            London Marathon complete in 7.15.Very very hot—up in the high 80a low 90s, and dealing with a twisted knee that happened between miles 3-4. I ran on it until mile 9. The pain was so great I wound up walking the last 17.2 miles.

Next is Edinburgh May 27.
            Really ambitious to do 3 so close together. I know a guy who I ride with who's only done a 1/2 marathon once, finishing 10 secs less than 2 hours. He thinks he can do his first marathon (he's doing Chicago in oct) under 4 hours. Here's the kicker - he doesn't even like running - he's done 3 runs all year! He claims he's going to do a 12 week training program before the race but I doubt he'll even do that.

Comment

I'm 99% sure I'm done with marathons b/c my knees hate training for them, but I'm still doing 13.1s and 10 milers and whatever. Next race I'm actually training for is a 1k run, 1k ocean swim then a 5k run in July.

Comment

WAS ACTUALLY WATCHING LONDON MARATHON FOR TWENTY MINUTES OR SO. FELL ASLEEP.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Good luck with that.1:59 halfs don't translate into 3:59 fulls unless you have Irish George-like abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                    You still running? I have zero interest in long distance running but just did 2 races the last 2 weeks. 10K and 5K - that's enough for me. Got an age group 1st place medal in the 10K, yesterday's 5K my gps froze right before the race started so I was running blind, plus hoards of chumps didn't line up properly so spent the first 1/2 mile fighting thru them. Blew the 1st mile and couldn't catch up after that.
                    I HAVE A HARD ENOUGH TIME RACIN TO THE TURLET. SOMETIMES I LOSE.
                    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 04-23-2018, 04:12 PM.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

That sounds like fun

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                      Next race I'm actually training for is a 1k run, 1k ocean swim then a 5k run in July.
                      I might try a duathlon of running and cycling.

Comment

Yes I've been training a lot for these runs. They're all for charity. I signed up for the first and 3rd ones last year and then the same people that I'm running Edinburgh for asked me if I wanted to do London. So naturally I said yes. The knee is feeling much better today--it'll be another 2 weeks before I start training for Edinburgh which starts downhill and then is flat the rest of the way. After this I'll be done. I started running to help me get from 263lbs down to my present 198 now. But after the end of May, Ill only be running 3-4 miles about every 3 days--although the company I work for participates in a 3 1/2 mile fun run every year sponsored by JP Morgan.

Comment

Working...
                        X