Ha ha ha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha ha ha

Here in NYC the Sanitation Dept. is calling for temporary workers to shovel crosswalks, etc.

Pays $15 per hour.

But here are employment requirements:

2 forms of ID
    2 passport sized photos
    Social Security Card

How many of you have that available right now? Actually I believe I have all of them, only because the last time I renewed my passport I bought an extra pair of photos.

I suspect the crosswalks won't be shoveled for a while... or people will find ways to circumvent the requirements.
    Go Bird Go !

Originally posted by IronPyrite View Post
    But here are employment requirements:

2 forms of ID
    2 passport sized photos
    Social Security Card
    The second requirement seems odd. I'm guessing it's to avoid having someone use someone else's ID? However, an ID and SSN Card seem somewhat normal, especially for municipal gov't.

However, who the hell has 2 passport sized photos on them unless they're renewing their passport itself?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
      The second requirement seems odd. I'm guessing it's to avoid having someone use someone else's ID? However, an ID and SSN Card seem somewhat normal, especially for municipal gov't.

However, who the hell has 2 passport sized photos on them unless they're renewing their passport itself?
      That is the part I found strange. Do they want them to wear badges?

Never heard about any of these requirements in the past. Remember when that guy lost his fingers shoveling when the Eagles were last in in the NFCCG?

Plus if you have a Social Card it says on it not to be used for identification. Ha.

When I got married in Phila they required the card (not the SSN) to issue the license. I didn't have it so I had to go to an office in NYC for them to reissue.Thankfully I had my passport. So I wait in line and by the time I get to the front of the line the guy says... " no problem". It was a 30 second interaction. For the immigrants it was much more of an ordeal

Ironic thing is years later my mom gives me this box of stuff of mine that has been there over the years. In there there was my original SS card! So now I have two of them. As a piece of ID, it is worthless, IMO.

Unless you want to get married in Philadelphia..Or work as a snow shoveler in NYC.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        That is the part I found strange. Do they want them to wear badges?

Never heard about any of these requirements in the past. Remember when that guy lost his fingers shoveling when the Eagles were last in in the NFCCG?

Plus if you have a Social Card it says on it not to be used for identification. Ha.

When I got married in Phila they required the card (not the SSN) to issue the license. I didn't have it so I had to go to an office in NYC for them to reissue.Thankfully I had my passport. So I wait in line and by the time I get to the front of the line the guy says... " no problem". It was a 30 second interaction. For the immigrants it was much more of an ordeal

Ironic thing is years later my mom gives me this box of stuff of mine that has been there over the years. In there there was my original SS card! So now I have two of them. As a piece of ID, it is worthless, IMO.
        I assume it is for badges.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
          I agree.

Quick question: Do any of you have two passport sized photos at this moment?
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I actually do ... but they're from when I renewed my passport about 10 years ago (the photo place gave me 4 for the flat fee).
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
              Badges??? Badges??? We don’t need no stinking badges
              Last edited by KenfromCanada; 01-04-2018, 01:32 PM.
              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Same

Originally posted by slag View Post
                I actually do ... but they're from when I renewed my passport about 10 years ago (the photo place gave me 4 for the flat fee).
                More hair, no beard, skinnier...

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  I do too. Similar situation. I think they offered me two extras for a buck or so when I had my last passport pictures taken.

Guess it might come in handy if I ever want to work as an NYC temporary snow shoveler!

I suspect many of the people that would be looking for work like this don't have passport photos immediately available.

On another note, if you renewed your passport about 10 years ago it is about to expire! Best get some new photos taken.
                  Last edited by IronPyrite; 01-04-2018, 07:13 PM.
                  Go Bird Go !

Comment

That occurred to me after I typed the post.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder

Originally posted by IronPyrite View Post
                      I do too. Similar situation. I think they offered me two extras for a buck or so when I had my last passport pictures taken.

Guess it might come in handy if I ever want to work as an NYC temporary snow shoveler!

I suspect many of the people that would be looking for work like this don't have passport photos immediately available.

On another note, if you renewed your passport about 10 years ago it is about to expire! Best get some new photos taken.
                      Mine is up this year too
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

HAVEN'T HAD A PASSPORT IN 30 YEARS, DON'T GO ANYWHERE, PROBABLY NEVER NEED ONE. LUCKY AND HAPPY TO GO TO O.C.NEW JERSEY FEW TIMES A SUMMER.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                        X