Dawkins eligible for 1st time HOA in 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawkins eligible for 1st time HOA in 2017

I will be livid if he doesn't make it first ballet. I realize I bring this up yearly, but this is the year he gets in.

Statistically, it could be argued that he was the greatest safety ever. I'm not a big stats guy, but I also know these numbers back up what I saw from all of these safeties. No safety rivaled Dawkins for combined turnovers which include forced fumbles, fumble recoveries and interceptions. He was a sack and tackling machine. He's tied with Lott at 1,113.

Edit to add: Reed and Palumalu played a couple of years past the stats that are presented.

I always felt Lott and Dawkins were 1a and 1b. The stats back it up.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...by-the-numbers
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 05-26-2016, 09:49 PM.

Its not ballet. God damn. Bro. Wnat

Comment

It'll be a great day when it Happens. He is getting in first ballot for sure.

He is the epitome of everything Eagles fans love about the game and want in a player.

He's my favorite eagle ever and I'm sure the majority of eagles fans feel same way. If he's not he's a close 2nd to Nnamdi Asomugha.

Comment

It's also HOF...but I read the message for what he meant, not in search of things to correct.

Tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
          I will be livid if he doesn't make it first ballet. I realize I bring this up yearly, but this is the year he gets in.

Statistically, it could be argued that he was the greatest safety ever. I'm not a big stats guy, but I also know these numbers back up what I saw from all of these safeties. No safety rivaled Dawkins for combined turnovers which include forced fumbles, fumble recoveries and interceptions. He was a sack and tackling machine. He's tied with Lott at 1,113.

Edit to add: Reed and Palumalu played a couple of years past the stats that are presented.

He's not getting in on the first try. His lack of a SB and below average playoff play will delay him getting in. And no way are they putting 3 safety's in on the same year.

Comment

the safety issue

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
            He's not getting in on the first try. His lack of a SB and below average playoff play will delay him getting in. And no way are they putting 3 safety's in on the same year.
            is probably the biggest hurdle. What other safeties are eligible in 2017 though?

Side note: McNabb is eligible as well, haha

Comment

Is the "w" silent?

Originally posted by 2Far View Post
              Its not ballet. God damn. Bro. Wnat

Comment

yeah he's going to have to wait. it's just so hard for a safety to make the HOF. i don't think he makes it in this year, then once reed and polamalu appear on the ballot dawk will have to wait even longer. those guys are first ballot HOFers(even though i think for polamalu it is as much based on reputation as performance). he should get in a few years down the road though.

Comment

Yeah I effed up even worse. Whatever.

(it still isn't ballet though)

Comment

Grammar Police...PULL OVER IMMEDIATELY!!!

Dawkins eligible for 1st time HOA in 2017

Last edited by Drama Queen; 05-26-2016 at 09:49 PM.

It's not the fucking ballet. It's BALLOT! B-A-L-L-O-T. I'm issuing you a cyber ticket. Please don't post for three days. Thanks. LOL

Comment

Clyde Simmons and Eric Allen

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

should be in first.
                      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X