Krapernick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
    Well, when a man decides do disrespect the country and says he will not stand for the anthem of an oppressive nation I just assume he is not referring to the NAACP.
    Your assumption is that he must despise white people. Pretty big leap if you ask me.

Comment

huge leap. he has the right to do what he did. who cares. he's not saying all white people are responsible for what's happened in milwaukee.

Comment

Tell that to the hundreds of police officers and veterans who lost their lives protecting our country home and abroad.
        This.

Comment

Yea. How dare he.

John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

How dare they...

John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

It wasn't disrespectful. I've served home and abroad. I would only find it disrespectful if Colin was lynched or arrested for protesting. I'm still waiting for the official guide that lets me know when its okay to protest and what things I can protest. Its not like he forced somebody to stand or made somebody else sit down. This is America. I served so people can sit during the Anthem, spit at my uniform, and drink Zima.
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Well, when a man decides do disrespect the country and says he will not stand for the anthem of an oppressive nation I just assume he is not referring to the NAACP.
                He was adopted by white parents. Doubt he hates the white man.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                  It wasn't disrespectful. I've served home and abroad. I would only find it disrespectful if Colin was lynched or arrested for protesting. I'm still waiting for the official guide that lets me know when its okay to protest and what things I can protest. Its not like he forced somebody to stand or made somebody else sit down. This is America. I served so people can sit during the Anthem, spit at my uniform, and drink Zima.
                  That's your feeling and I respect that. I completely disagree, however.

Also, he stated today that he'll continue to sit. I believe he'll also continue to sit during the entire game...

Comment

Exactly. How wonderful for others to speak for the

dead. Personally, I find it more reprehensible that a POTUS would take his country to war under false pretenses with thousands getting killed as a result. Families and lives destroyed. Especially when said President spent his time in the reserve being a party boy and skipping out on training exercises, never having seen action in his life.

Comment

boom.

and kaepernick said: “I have great respect for our men and women that fought for this country,” Kaepernick said. “I have family, I have friends that have fought for this country. And they fight for freedom. They fight for liberty and justice, for everyone. And that’s not happening."
                      Last edited by art vandelay; 08-29-2016, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah, but this is like when your mom splashes Chanel No. 5 on

In the middle of a snack break. Something seems to be covering some stink.

Kaepernick's motivation seems less then genuine considering.
                        1 Bunch of guaranteed money in play
                        2 "injury" guarenteeing the guarantee
                        3.potential lack of solid endorsements
                        4 serious regress in his play

Other comments
                        1 I don't disrespect his right to protest
                        2 since when does the flag only represent the military
                        3 the flag represents ideology as well
                        4 people have a right to disagreewith his misguided protest like he has the right to protest
                        Last edited by Drama Queen; 08-29-2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

"His protest isn't legit because he plays a sport"
                          "his protest isn't legit because he makes a lot of money"

The people who are "super Pro-American" always forget what makes this country great.
                          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

What I see most people overtly or impliedly stating is a view that failing to stand for the National Anthem disrespects more than the narrow target to which he claims to be limiting his protest.

And I find it to be a legit point that his way of expressing his proclaimed outrage doesn't require him to really invest that much.

If he puts his money where his mouth is, I'll be more impressed.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'd also like to add that SF was going to cut him way before he decided to protest if it weren't for the trappings of his contract.

OUT COMES THE CHANEL NO. 5!!!!

Your mom gets snack breaks, not lunch breaks, batch.

Comment

This Reminds me of

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf AKA Chris Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                X