So this place sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this place sucks

Gun nut phags. Cosmo posting about shit no one cares, so I'll ask, better career, Wentz or Simmons? Be a man and make a call. I'm saying Simmons because I'm drunk and it's the obvious logical choice.

Wentz has the higher ceiling.

Not because he's got more talent necessarily, but because a winning QB for the Eagles is just on a whole 'nother level from the best player on the Sixers.

Depends how you define a "better career," but I'm saying Wentz.

That being said, I am also slightly drunk.

Comment

simmons. hard to go wrong with the most talented player in the NBA draft. a lot of risk involved in mortgaging the future for any QB. not to mention the fact that there are a bunch of variables involved in developing a QB, and a team that has to mortgage its future for a QB is in a questionable situation in the first place. if one of our rivals spent all the money that we did on bradford and daniel then traded up for a QB we would be laughing at them. so...yeah, simmons.

Comment

Gotta go with Wentz 'cause I don't watch basketball.
        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Talent-wise Simmons, but popularity- wise, the first quarterback to win a SB for the Eagles will own Philadelphia forever.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

yeah, this.

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            Talent-wise Simmons, but popularity- wise, the first quarterback to win a SB for the Eagles will own Philadelphia forever.
            Simmons is easily the better talent. Better Pedigree too. I have worries that he may not stick around given the way today's NBA works. But careers are defined by a lot of things and I think Wentz has the better makeup to succeed here. Who knows though, we really don't know much about either.

Comment

Also, I agree. I've really tuned out politics this year other than just current events and the pop culture that is how ridiculous things are. There are just bigger things in life to get worked up over and if I'm going to distract myself, I might as well enjoy it.

Comment

Embiid. If the health goes the way we need it to, there's not many players with his mix of talent and personality in any sport let alone one specific city.

Of the two you mentioned, I'll go Simmons because I'm just conditioned to expect the Eagle to choke the chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  Embiid. If the health goes the way we need it to, there's not many players with his mix of talent and personality in any sport let alone one specific city.

Of the two you mentioned, I'll go Simmons because I'm just conditioned to expect the Eagle to choke the chicken.
                  agreed with your thoughts. Embiid is the real key to everything for the sixers.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    Gun nut phags. Cosmo posting about shit no one cares, so I'll ask, better career, Wentz or Simmons? Be a man and make a call. I'm saying Simmons because I'm drunk and it's the obvious logical choice.
                    I have to be honest and say I have not watched Wentz play a snap other on YouTube. I don't feel qualified to answer the question.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

agreed but...

I haven't really seen much of either of them.

Gun(nutz) to my head I say Simmons because his skills look possibly transformative to his game.
                      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                        I haven't really seen much of either of them.

Gun(nutz) to my head I say Simmons because his skills look possibly transformative to his game.
                        With QBs, what happens inside the head matters so much. So many QBs with incredible physical tools have failed because they couldn't mentally handle the game.

We will just have to wait and see with Wentz. I think he has the physical skills to be a success.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

that's very true

I keep going back to my belief that Leaf would be better than Manning.
                          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                            With QBs, what happens inside the head matters so much. So many QBs with incredible physical tools have failed because they couldn't mentally handle the game.
                            It comes down to decision making. We used to complain about McNabbs worm burners but that was a design wrinkle Reid put into his game to prevent poor decisions. I hope Pederson can similarly coach Wentz to understand when to make a safe decision over a bad decision.
                            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
                              Wentz has the higher ceiling.

Not because he's got more talent necessarily, but because a winning QB for the Eagles is just on a whole 'nother level from the best player on the Sixers.

Depends how you define a "better career," but I'm saying Wentz.

That being said, I am also slightly drunk.
                              I agree with you unless the Sixers make the Finals with Simmons. I have no faith the Iggs make a SB before I die.

Comment

Working...
                              X