Seahawks Trade Harvin To Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apples and oranges
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Valid point. Seattle got a nice draft pick for a receiver who was much more trouble than DJax, had demanded a trade and had a fraction of the production. Also they made sure Harvin didn't end up in their division or even conference.

The Eagles got bupkis and Jackson is now Washington's top receiver. Ouch.
      The Seahawks traded their 2013 1st for a bum like Harvin. The Eagles took Ertz at 35 in that draft.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        Can you imagine the posts Maniac would be making if the Eagles handled a situation just like Seattle did here? But, since a team that's not the Eagles did it, he's praising it.
        Wow ... you guys are in amazing spin mode. The acquisition of Harvin by Seattle wasn't in the discussion. It's irrelevant to the point that the Squawks got a decent deal for their cancer. The Eagles got nothing for their's. Two other people had posted about it before I did. I only posted because my name was brought up.

But Harvin is still more talented than any Eagles WR even if he is a dick.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I think the point about him going to a division rival is valid, but they are completely different situations. Kelly inherited Jackson, whereas Carroll gave up a lot to go get Harvin and then signed him to a big extension.

According to Andrew Brandt, Harvin will still count 7+ million against the Seahawks cap next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            The Seahawks traded their 2013 1st for a bum like Harvin.
            And that was obviously a mistake. So what?

Comment

It is completely relevant. When you give up a 1, 3, and 7 for a guy, then get a pick between rounds 4-6 a year and a half later for him, that's a pretty bad deal.

That being said, I would gladly give up a 1, 3, and 7 for a trophy.
              Last edited by common wealth; 10-18-2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I'm not spinning anything, I always have said and will continue to say, the Eagles fucked up the DeSean situation. My point was, if they traded what Seattle traded for Harvin, then flipped him for a lesser return one year later, you would be crucifying them. That's not even up for discussion, we've all seen you post enough to know that's the case.

Also, Harvin isn't better than Maclin. He just isnt. If you want to say that, then you're ranking them based off of who is the bigger name, not who is the better receiver.

Percy is an elite athlete. He can make plays running reverses and screens and what not, but as a true WR, he's not as good as Maclin.
                Last edited by Sect 236; 10-18-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

It's not relevant to their ability to trade him which is what I thought we talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                    I'm not spinning anything, I always have said and will continue to say, the Eagles fucked up the DeSean situation. My point was, if they traded what Seattle traded for Harvin, then flipped him for a lesser return one year later, you would be crucifying them. That's not even up for discussion, we've all seen you post enough to know that's the case.

Also, Harvin isn't better than Maclin. He just isnt. If you want to say that, then you're ranking them based off of who is the bigger name, not who is the better receiver.

Percy is an elite athlete. He can make plays running reverses and screens and what not, but as a true WR, he's not as good as Maclin.
                    I'd be crucifying Seattle for screwing up on Harvin if I was a Squawk fan. Well, I might give Carroll a bit of a pass after that Super Bowl thing. My observation was that Seattle got a deal for far worse goods than DJax. How come?

As far as Harvin v. Maclin, you could make a reasonable argument either way. I think the Eagles can do better than either next year.

Comment

Latest example of Eagles administrative incompetence. 'hawks get a conditional 4th for a less talented and more troubled WR than DeSean Jackson.

Really. I could have accepted trading the guy for a pick like Seattle got for Harvin, but cutting him outright was among the stupidest moves a team could make.
                      Last edited by The Ref; 10-18-2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Well, let's see.

First of all ... let's set the record straight ... the franchise you're praising was massively stupid ... it was actually not a 1, it was a 1, a 3, and a 7.

Second of all, all they got for Harvin was a conditional 6 that may go to a 4.

Third, the Eagles tried to move a bad contract in the offseason when all you get is the bad contract ... while the Jets are paying the rest of a this year's salary for a player during the season whose bad contract they can cut loose.

And, it's also arguable that the Jets are either stupid or making a PR move at 1-6.

Comment

How the hell is the Harvin trade

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                          Latest example of Eagles administrative incompetence. 'hawks get a conditional 4th for a less talented and more troubled WR than DeSean Jackson.

Really. I could have accepted trading the guy for a pick like Seattle got for Harvin, but cutting him outright was among the stupidest moves a team could make.
                          the latest example of Eagles incompetence? Unless you can provide a link to a story how this has any direct relation to the Eagles, you are just shit-stirring. Really.

Maybe your expando TV set has a "front office" section of the screen that tracks trade offers.

Comment

What part of the fact that making a trade for a player during the season is different from after the season don't you get?

It's actually arguable here that the Seahawks could have held out for more from a contender who needs a KR/WR, but were so desperate to get rid of him they grabbed what the Jets offered.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                              Well, let's see.

First of all ... let's set the record straight ... the franchise you're praising was massively stupid ... it was actually not a 1, it was a 1, a 3, and a 7.

Second of all, all they got for Harvin was a conditional 6 that may go to a 4.

Third, the Eagles tried to move a bad contract in the offseason when all you get is the bad contract ... while the Jets are paying the rest of a this year's salary for a player during the season whose bad contract they can cut loose.

And, it's also arguable that the Jets are either stupid or making a PR move at 1-6.
                              Get your facts straight.

I didn't praise Seattle. I said they made a deal the Eagles were unable to. How they acquired him is a complete straw man to the discussion - your specialty.

The Jets are paying 6.5 million to Harvin this season. More per game than DJax contract. To a team that is going nowhere.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/18/the-financial-side-of-the-percy-harvin-trade/

A conditional pick out of division is far better than nothing.

The only thing you got right is the Jets may be stupid.
                              Last edited by Maniac; 10-18-2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

It's actually arguable here that the Seahawks could have held out for more from a contender who needs a KR/WR, but were so desperate to get rid of him they grabbed what the Jets offered.
                                Coz contenders love to pay 6.5 million to bring cancers into their locker room. You should be working for Howie. You think like him.

Jets got totally used.

Comment

Working...
                                X