With the surprising depth at CB I could see 'us' trading Darby for a 2018 pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    because they paid a 3rd for him and he didn’t do anything more this year to warrant more than a 3rd if a trade were to happen.

For a run next year, it would be more comforting to have Darby, but I can see why this trade could actually happen.

It’s a situation in which the Eagles could trade Darby for a 3rd this year, or use him next year and “hope” he garners a 3rd round in the 2020 draft. In the NFL, a 3rd in 2018 is more value than in 2020. Since the Eagles are indeed salary cap strapped this year and next, it makes a lot of sense.

Personally I think they are putting too much trust in Jones. Unless they sign Pederson or a vet, the Eagles will end up giving the job to Jones with virtually no NFL experience.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yes. This is more pressure than the SB or World Series! Buy low sell high.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        not trying to run anyone out of town but we all know the situation 'we' are in with the cap and lack of ammunition in the Draft. Something has to give and there's always a market for Corners.

If Sidney Jones is ready to go I'm confident he can start opposite Mills. He's likely an upgrade over Darby, who I find a little maddening with his style of play. Already have Rasul Douglas capable of sliding in as well.

Without a 2 or 3 it would be wise to try to get as high of a pick as possible for Darby while you still can.
        Of all the CB's on this team it should be Darby, he got beat pretty bad this year, he had his good moments but he plays to far off receivers, when it's 3rd and 6 you can't be back 12 yards. But I would rather have him than Robinson who they are trying to re-sign.

Comment

Working...
        X