This Board is going to go bezerk when the Eagles make it to the Superbowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Board is going to go bezerk when the Eagles make it to the Superbowl

Even with the Wentz injury I really believe this is our(their) year. Before the season some here thought 9-7 or 10-6 was reasonable and acceptable. Trent Dilfler, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams..ect.. I have this strong feeling guys what you think ???

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
    Even with the Wentz injury I really believe this is our(their) year. Before the season some here thought 9-7 or 10-6 was reasonable and acceptable. Trent Dilfler, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams..ect.. I have this strong feeling guys what you think ???
    I think the only team that would have "concerned" me is the Rams, and Foles beat them. There are no dominant teams.... but won't be surprised if we are one and done too

Comment

I ALSO THOUGHT 10-6. GETTING TO SUPER BOWL IS THE TOUGHEST OBSTACLE. NFC HAS SOME DAMN GOOD TEAMS. GET IN......IT'S A WIN.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Nick Foles can win 3 in a row

whether he does is another matter. It's getting a good running game and gym shorts putting together a few solid defensive game plans. Wentz just provides a margin for error, BDN does not.

Comment

Somebody nobody's expecting has to come out of nowhere and play lights out. Mack Hollins, Corey Clement, Sidney Jones... something nobody sees coming right now.

That's what it's going to take. That, and Foles playing solid football.

Can it happen? Anything can happen.

Comment

It's getting a good running game and gym shorts putting together a few solid defensive game plans.
            At the end of the day this is pretty much it. If these two things happen and Nick plays well (not lights out, but well) the Eagles can beat anyone. They may even survive one clunker from Nick. However, if one or both of those things are off then you begin asking too much from him.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

FF basically was in the same boat

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              At the end of the day this is pretty much it. If these two things happen and Nick plays well (not lights out, but well) the Eagles can beat anyone. They may even survive one clunker from Nick. However, if one or both of those things are off then you begin asking too much from him.
              Donnie gave him a little margin for error, but definitely had clunkers. However, even then, at least one of the above was on point and FF just screwed up the run game or clock management. I guess it's worth adding that Dougie P will also need to be on.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                I think the only team that would have "concerned" me is the Rams, and Foles beat them.
                I wouldn't actually say Foles beat the Rams. In a 43-35 game, he has to at least score one touchdown to get partial credit.

Comment

unless they win their last game

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                  They might as well be 0-16. No moral victories. Bring home hardware or no dinner.
                  DB

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                    I wouldn't actually say Foles beat the Rams. In a 43-35 game, he has to at least score one touchdown to get partial credit.
                    Oh, I was unaware of that rule. I saw him trow a nice pass to Agoholor to seal the win. Guessing that doesn't count because he had his eyes closed or something....

Comment

I can't argue with that. Bring on the Rams!

Comment

No one dominant team, but the NFC is full of good teams. The top five teams are all strong. I anticipate that Seattle will be the last team in, and they obviously beat the Eagles with Wentz, so Foles against them wouldn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

A good NFC is the difference between 17 and 04. The conference was an absolute cakewalk that year. I think this team with Wentz was better than the 04 team, but even with him I wasn't as certain about the odds of reaching the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          I can't argue with that. Bring on the Rams!
                          What was up with his horrible performance against the Giants?

Comment

Can we bring on the Giants? They've been playing inspired this year. I'm surprised they only have two wins this year.

Comment

Let’s circle back to the Sixers...Foles playing 3 straight games at the level required to beat 3 playoff teams and win the Super Bowl (with Schwartz’s D) is equivalent to Jerryd Bayless being a + in 3 straight games.

Cream rises to the top and shit flushes to the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                              X