Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PITCHERS AND CATCHERS

TOMORROW. WOOOOO.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Yes. Could be an exciting year for the Phils. They have either stayed the same or improved every position. Besides the Cubs, the NL is fairly weak. Only one dominant team. It's unlikely, but a push is possible. Trust the process and we'll see a contender in 2019.

If Franco starts mashing, this team will battle.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
      Yes. Could be an exciting year for the Phils. They have either stayed the same or improved every position. Besides the Cubs, the NL is fairly weak. Only one dominant team. It's unlikely, but a push is possible. Trust the process and we'll see a contender in 2019.

If Franco starts mashing, this team will battle.
      They played the last two off seasons very smart. The antithesis of RAJ.

Next off season they'll make their move. A nice season in 2017 will make Philly a prime destination again.

Comment

Nice. Hope the kids pan out. So many young pitchers.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I think it's two

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
          Next off season they'll make their move. A nice season in 2017 will make Philly a prime destination again.
          This upcoming off-season looks mediocre. There's a potential glut of high quality pitching, which, I could see the Phils being active in as Hellickson and Buttholz are likely gone after this season. Otherwise, there aren't many enticing bats.

But the 2018-19 offseason is the motherload. A lot depends on who gets resigned, but lots of talent and the Phils will have the coin.

Originally posted by Loki View Post
          Nice. Hope the kids pan out. So many young pitchers.
          Yeah. Interestingly, the Phils don't have an elite level pitcher. Nola's ceiling is probably a 2 (although, other than his health, he's been very very good). Eickhoff is an inning eating #3. Eflin, Thompson and Asher all showed some flashes, but are all bottom of the rotation guys at best. Velasquez might have elite stuff, but he has yet to show he can put it all together - he might ultimately end up in the bullpen. I think that's where you might see them, as Duck says above, go get an elite arm next offseason.

That being said, it's not young, but the Phils pen should be leagues better.
          Last edited by JuTMSY4; 02-13-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

I HIT UP THE IRON PIGS QUITE A FEW TIMES DURING THE YEAR. I'LL DO A LITTLE SCOUTING REPORT ON THE PITCHERS ESPECIALLY.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
            X