Divorce advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just remember: The recorder is always turned on

With a 6 yr old and a 2, they hear and repeat EVERYTHING. So never, ever say a terse word about your soon-to-ex in their presence. Its in your best interest and even more importantly its in their best interest.

They still love her and need their mom- and they need to know its not their fault

Good luck

Comment

GOOD POINT, KIDS WILL ALWAYS LOVE MA AND DAD, SO CAN'T PUT THE X DOWN NO WAY NO HOW. NO PAIN..THE KIDS WILL ABSOLUTELY BLAME THEMSELVES..NICE POINT PACK.
      Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 02-17-2017, 08:34 PM.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by WeaponX View Post
        I'm seeing a therapist and it does help. All I care about are my kids now so I'm just going to focus on them, I feel horrible about how difficult it will be for both of them, especially the oldest.
        Tell them that you and their mom tried everything to stay together but you both realized that it would be better for them if you were apart. That it doesn't mean that you love them any less, and that they will always be your #1 priority.

Do they know that it's coming yet (the 6 year old)?

My parents divorced when I was 2 and my brother was 7. It it stayed with him because my parents didn't handle it the right way. I don't remember them being together. It was definitely better for me because I never saw them fight. I never felt short of love from either of them, and it was nice having 2 Birthdays and Christmas each year. I lived with each of them at times, but eventually it ended up where I was with my mom with dad on weekends.

Good luck with everything. Hope this helps...

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Collateral-Da.../dp/B01864DTMM

I heard this was a really great book. It made me think of your situation.

Comment

This post reminded me of one of the all-time great SNL sketches. Man I hope this link works:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...an/n9951?snl=1

Comment

Working...
            X