Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eckel claims Eagles could get something in return for Barwin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    I don't think Daniel is that good. I'm not sure if teams would give up a lot for him right now.

On the other hand, this draft is supposed to be particularly weak at QB... part of the reason the Eagles maneuvered to draft Wentz last year.

I think the best move for the Eagles might be to wait until the preseason and hope some team loses their QB to injury and is desperate... like Minnesota last year. But if the right deal presents itself now of course you go for it.
    I don't really think he's that good, either. But you never know what his rep is around the league, or how desperate some GM is to get a serviceable starter in there to save his own job.

All kinds of factors in play with something like this. On the merits alone, there's nothing to indicate that Daniel is worth a high draft pick. But these decisions aren't always based on merit alone.

Comment

His cap hit is insane.

If Howie gets a sack of jock straps back for him then I'll truly worship at the altar of Roseman
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
        If Howie gets a sack of jock straps back for him then I'll truly worship at the altar of Roseman
        Eight million for a clipboard holder is kinda crazy. For a starter, it's pedestrian. For a team like Denver, who aren't exactly swimming in cap space (but are swimming in 3rd round picks... they have three of them), that could be an attractive number.

Comment

Originally posted by C from SD View Post
          Feeley had played 5-6 games in relief of McNabb and won 5 of those games. The 6th, at the Giants, went to overtime. He was the 3rd string QB, taking over for Koy Detmer after his injury in the 49ers game, and also in his 3rd year. So he had youth and a very low contract going for him. Of course, the Eagles defense at that time was dominant, a good o-line, and they had all 3 running backs in Staley, Buckhalter, and a rookie Westbrook. All of which meant he had full support and was unfortunately unable to carry a team on his own. Feeley was able to play well in his limited preseason stints too, which enhanced his value.

Daniels is unproven and hasn't played much in relief. He's older and has less value. I agree they don't get rid of him for less than a 4th, but this will be his last season with the team.
          Every case is different. Feeley, Kolb, Charlie Whitehurst, Cassel, Shaub... going all the way back to Trent Green, Matt Hasselbeck and Rob Johnson. They were all unproven to varying degrees.

But given his age (I didn't realize he was 30), Daniel may be closer to Whitehurst in value than the other names.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            Eight million for a clipboard holder is kinda crazy..
            IMO The Eagles would be better off putting that money towards players that are actually playing.

I don't believe things worked out exactly the way the Eagles expected them to happen last year I believe turned out a lot better then they expected! So now if you can make a deal, do it.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I just don't see it.

The guy flat out blows.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

But at least Bradford had a pedigree. Daniels is a mutt.

Comment

Working...
                X