He hate me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He hate me

ESPN has a new 30 For 30 about the XFL. This was when Mr. McMahon really was in charge.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment...america-trump/
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I mistakenly believed

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    ESPN has a new 30 For 30 about the XFL. This was when Mr. McMahon really was in charge.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment...america-trump/
    That his league would amount to something because of the innovations and the fact that he knows showmanship. But I think the NFL squashed the life out of it.
    DB

Comment

IIRC, they encouraged helmet to helmet hitting. At least they presumably could plead ignorance on the science of it at the time. Although, McMahon did a lot of effed up shit

Comment

The XFL was virtually unwatchable...

Just a bad product compared to anything else . I really liked the USFL, though, that was a good league

Comment

it's funny to think that as far back as 2001 people were saying the NFL had "become" the no fun league. maybe i remember that era with rose colored glasses because i was young and the eagles were good, but i think the early mcnabb area coincided with a high degree of watchability for the NFL. dial-up was on the way out, sunday ticket access was on the way up. the NFL was growing in popularity, but not yet at the unsustainable rate which led to every casual live tweeting about their fantasy teams on facenutz.

i think the growth in the NFL's watchability reached its point of inflection around the time of the lockout. growing disparity between good and bad teams, a short offseason which led to 5000 passing yards and 40 TDs being nearly meaningless, and the ref lockout the following season. also everyone on earth had a smart phone by this time and NFL coverage was completely saturated.

interesting that there's no mention of the USFL in that article...

Comment

Working...
          X