Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morton FUCKING Anderson in over BDAWK?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morton FUCKING Anderson in over BDAWK?!!!

This Drumpf presidency just made total sense.

Kicked in a dome and wasn't even a career 80% kicker.

Comment

It's beyond embarassing

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      This Drumpf presidency just made total sense.
      Not so much that Dawk didn't get in (kudos for being a finalist in year one), but that it's more like the Hall of Above Average now.

In the other thread I mentioned that Terrell Davis is in after a 7 year career with 60 touchdowns. Ryan Mathews can make it in with a little luck with a few more above average seasons and being on a SB winner at the end of his career. He has a 4.4 ypc average vs. Davis' 4.6. 40 career TDs to Davis' 65.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Not so much that Dawk didn't get in (kudos for being a finalist in year one), but that it's more like the Hall of Above Average now.

In the other thread I mentioned that Terrell Davis is in after a 7 year career with 60 touchdowns. Ryan Mathews can make it in with a little luck with a few more above average seasons and being on a SB winner at the end of his career. He has a 4.4 ypc average vs. Davis' 4.6. 40 career TDs to Davis' 65.
        TD got the kaufax treatment....BUT... This means priest Holmes should be in the hall of fame.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Sweet Jesus

Originally posted by nerd View Post
          TD got the kaufax treatment....BUT... This means priest Holmes should be in the hall of fame.
          Davis had seasons with 21, 15, and 13 rushing TDs. Aside from that, he averaged less than 3 TDs per season.

F a NFL. F a Hall of Above Average.

Comment

A flash in the pan

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Davis had seasons with 21, 15, and 13 rushing TDs. Aside from that, he averaged less than 3 TDs per season.

F a NFL. F a Hall of Above Average.
            It's turned into a beauty contest. Less about substance and more about a glamorous career with the media.

Comment

Joke.

I saw a lot of commentary today saying he will get in, just not on the first round.

It's a joke.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

this is what happens when the HOF is voted on by guys like peter king. this is the guy who voted carnell lake NFL MVP in 1997.

hall of fame = hall of name recognition. this is why eli manning will make the HOF while guys like brian dawkins and TO wait.

Comment

I kinda expect this

Intangibles are sometimes lost in shuffle, not considered,, BDawk had umm all,,the problem is he played safety...So I felt he will get in sooner than later. If he played QB, RB, at that level that long ,,,Boom! 1st ballot no brainer!
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                    Intangibles are sometimes lost in shuffle, not considered,, BDawk had umm all,,the problem is he played safety...So I felt he will get in sooner than later. If he played QB, RB, at that level that long ,,,Boom! 1st ballot no brainer!
                    Hey, on another topic I just got a CD of the "Black Album" . Already had it on vinyl. interesting to re-hear some of this crap.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I like MMQB and King's column (generally), but he is a fucking douche bag. Especially when he's blowing BRADY, Kraft and all things Cheatriots. He's good at relating stories, but knows jack about the game.
                      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Dawkins is not a first-ballot hall of famer. Owens has a reason to bitch, Dawkins not so much.

Comment

At one point

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
                          I like MMQB and King's column (generally), but he is a fucking douche bag. Especially when he's blowing BRADY, Kraft and all things Cheatriots. He's good at relating stories, but knows jack about the game.
                          King moved to this name-dropping method that got him a lot of air time on NBC. "I talked to Jerruh earlier today, and..."

I don't know if he still does it because I never watch pregame, halftime, or postgame shows anymore. The only time I look at anything on the networks is when there might be a juicy nugget in the postgame press conferences.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                            Dawkins is not a first-ballot hall of famer. Owens has a reason to bitch, Dawkins not so much.
                            But he's going to have a tough time getting in with some of the names coming up in the next few years, especially at his position.

Reed had a bunch more INTs and won SBs with those great defenses. Polamalu had similar stats, won SBs and was defensive POY.

Comment

Notwithstanding that notion ... Terrell Davis is not in my HOF.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X