Just listened to Mad Dog go berserk on Ira Kaufman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just listened to Mad Dog go berserk on Ira Kaufman

over the HOF selections, in particular TO and Jerry Jones. It was fantastic.

Ira, who I also like a lot, is on the committee and was in the room when the discussions were taking place. With regard to Dawk, he said they wanted a defender and Lynch (who he is a complete homer for) and Dawk split votes (I guess folks wouldn't vote for two safeties) and Taylor ended up getting in. I'd like to know if Ira voted for Dawk. If you voted for Lynch and not Dawk as well then you have no credibility IMO. Numbers aren't even comparable.
    Last edited by McCarthy12; 02-08-2017, 06:00 PM.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    over the HOF selections, in particular TO and Jerry Jones. It was fantastic.

Ira, who I also like a lot, is on the committee and was in the room when the discussions were taking place. With regard to Dawk, he said they wanted a defender and Lynch (who he is a complete homer for) and Dawk split votes (I guess folks wouldn't vote for two safeties) and Taylor ended up getting in. I'd like to know if Ira voted for Dawk. If you voted for Lynch and not Dawk as well then you have no credibility IMO. Numbers aren't even comparable.
    Here's a link to the audio:
    https://soundcloud.com/maddogsportsr...ns-must-listen
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Reed, Polamalu and Dawk is the debate. I don't think Lynch sniffs any of those guys.

Comment

i think reed is a legit first balloter. polamalu won't have to wait very long, and he'll possibly make first ballot just based on reputation. based on this i thought dawk would have to wait a while since it's hard for a safety to make the HOF. it's just a joke that lynch is in ahead of him. i get warner and TD making it based on postseason. but lynch...gimme a break.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          i think reed is a legit first balloter. polamalu won't have to wait very long, and he'll possibly make first ballot just based on reputation. based on this i thought dawk would have to wait a while since it's hard for a safety to make the HOF. it's just a joke that lynch is in ahead of him. i get warner and TD making it based on postseason. but lynch...gimme a break.
          What you forget is that Reed, Polamalu, and Lynch all have SB rings, Dawk has nada. Those things are factor in with these decisions for some reason. TO numbers speak for itself

Comment

And hof teammates

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
            What you forget is that Reed, Polamalu, and Lynch all have SB rings, Dawk has nada. Those things are factor in with these decisions for some reason. TO numbers speak for itself
            Which dawk didn't have.

Comment

Ira was making it sound like a big reason they denied Owens was that Dawk spoke negatively of him as a teammate. Thought that was a little strange.

Comment

But Strahan, who brought whores into his house while

his wife was in their bedroom sleeping gets in. Unfucking real.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

OJ Simpson anyone? It's a joke. There are always interesting arguments about the voting but this year was crazy and credibility-straining. Jerry Jones? His greatest accomplishment was hiring Jimmy Johnson and making money. Morton Andersen?? Seriously? If you look at the numbers, the fact that people were even choosing Lynch over Dawk is ridiculous.

Russo has been hilarious though, so at least that came out of it.

Comment

Working...
                  X