Garcon or Jackson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcon or Jackson ?

CSN reports the Eagles are interested in Garcon and Jackson said he wanted to stay in Washington (he's not) which would you rather have ?

I'd see if the Saints would take a 2nd for Cooks.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

This & then bring in Stills or Jackson.

Draft high CB, then go BPA of need RB/LB/OL Etc

Comment

ha wut?

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
        This & then bring in Stills or Jackson.

Draft high CB, then go BPA of need RB/LB/OL Etc
        You want a guy like Cooks AND DJax?

Comment

They are similar, I'd prefer to draft Mike Williams but he won't be there when we draft

That or Alshon

Comment

Cooks cap hit

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
            You want a guy like Cooks AND DJax?
            on the 4th year of his rookie deal is a paltry $2.7 million. His fifth-year option (2018) has yet to be picked up by NO. Jackson would come for around $6-7 million a year for a short-term deal.

Compare that with $12 million just for Jeffery. This Cooks thing is pretty much a complete pipe dream right now, but if you could do it, and draft a burner this year or next to eventually replace Jackson it'd be a super Howie type set of moves.

Comment

I think that's where it'd start

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
              I'd see if the Saints would take a 2nd for Cooks.
              I could see a 2, Kendricks, and a future 4 maybe...

Comment

Besides the fact that you're right, it's a pipe dream, Cooks cap hit is irrelevant because he'd have a new deal here.

I just don't think Cooks and Stills/Djax fits. Who knows though. However, i do think Mike Williams will be available at 14/5. 5 teams need QBs and 3 are available and rated as 1st round guys.

Comment

I prefer this team draft a big wide receiver (Williams or Davis) and go with Kenny Stills. Overpaying Jeffrey isn't worth it. Fuck Garcon and Jackson.

There has to come a point in time this team needs to stop relying on overpaying players in free agency because they don't know how to draft. It's about time Howie becomes a real GM or EVP or whatever his title is now.

Comment

yup

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                    I prefer this team draft a big wide receiver (Williams or Davis) and go with Kenny Stills. Overpaying Jeffrey isn't worth it. Fuck Garcon and Jackson.

There has to come a point in time this team needs to stop relying on overpaying players in free agency because they don't know how to draft. It's about time Howie becomes a real GM or EVP or whatever his title is now.
                    Problem is, what confidence do you have in them drafting and developing a WR? I think you sign Stills or a similar 2nd tier guy and roll the dice and draft the best player available. Plenty of CBs and WRs available w/o reaching.

Comment

It's time for Howie to become a real GM or EVP?

I'll go for that ... and if you have a blueprint for that shit, could you give me one for getting my sister in law to become someone who doesn't meddle in my affairs?
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Unfortunately the draft is after FA

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

I agree about Jeffrey and Garcon and Jackson (but him to a lesser extent), but leaving FA with Stills as the lone improvement at WR would be weak.

Last year at QB, they signed Bradford, then the Wentz thing started to become real. Doubt that is happening with WR. They're not going to sign Stills and move up into the top 10 and be guaranteed to get Williams or Davis.

BTW-Davis will be a real wild card with the injury/surgery. Let's see how interested they are at the combine and at workouts (which probably won't get going until after FA starts).

Comment

It's really not that tough. Lurie tells Howie he can't sign any big-ticket free agents and he needs to make it work. They say this draft has plenty of what this team needs (CB, WR, RB). He either makes it work or kicks rocks.

Comment

I may be wrong but I think the Eagles could land one of the big two WRs if they can move down to #12 (leapfrog Cards and maybe Colts if they end up at 14). If they can't figure out how to make that happen, they need to find one in the second round.

For the record, Zay Jones did really well at the Senior Bowl, has decent size and good hands. We know they love the Senior Bowl players. My gut tells me this could be the pick.

Regardless, Howie needs to make it happen through the draft. He moved up the board last year moving players and bad contracts so anything is possible. I do not want to hear 'the five guys he targeted were not there when he picked', again.

Comment

Now Lurie is getting involved?

This gets worse and worse.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X